Wr signings vote of confidence for Foster and Zay?

On paper, John Brown is our #1, and he can be for most WR poor rosters.

But I'm sure everyone around the Bills likes Foster's chances of being the focal point while John Brown is WR 1b.

I love the John Brown signing..

8 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

But how did he catch so many balls??

image.thumb.png.583375760453c9689ce4c8107d602f81.png

Yeah, this list really looks like a good indicator of NFL success.  One good player on that list, and he is last on it.  Hell, I've only ever heard of 3 of them.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

Love this signing in addition to Brown's earlier! The Bills are going to be able to go spread/empty and force teams into 2 deep coverage, allowing Allen to run if needed, while having the parts needed threaten all areas of the field in the passing game. If they get the oline figured out, they will have the components of a fully functional offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

The best thing about Buffalo's WR corps is that they have multiple players of each style with which they had success last year.

Boundary speed guys are Foster and Brown

Shifty slot guys are Beasley and Jones

Gadget/YAC types are McKenzie and Bolden

I'd still like to see them add a guy with WR1 upside in the draft, but this is a good start to a much-needed makeover

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Keep 'em all. Should be fun!

Zay was looking good second half of season last year.

Not really, he was still dropping passes and making catches he did make look hard.  He also still was not good at getting separation and most his production came on broken plays where Allen bought more time with his legs.  WR's need to help Josh by winning on their route, something Zay did very little of.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

But how did he catch so many balls??

image.thumb.png.583375760453c9689ce4c8107d602f81.png

I'm going by what I have seen the last two years. His first year in the NFL was horrible. He had a couple good games last year but major inconsistency overshadowed that. Makes routine NFL catches look difficult. He may still have a shot in training camp but the writing is on the wall.

10 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

I'm going by what I have seen the last two years. His first year in the NFL was horrible. He had a couple good games last year but major inconsistency overshadowed that. Makes routine NFL catches look difficult. He may still have a shot in training camp but the writing is on the wall.

agreed. He showed some confidence at the end of the season and looked to be in sync with Allen. They both need that to carry over to camp and build on it. The good news is we just grabbed a couple of guys that are there if he doesn't take the next step. Depth is good! ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

John Brown is now by far the best WR for the Bills. Far better than Zay Jones.

I am not sure about that.....I think that is Robert Foster continues to develop he might actually be special

BUT

It is good to have solid vet WR's playing with him on this team.....and John Brown/Beasely ARE that

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I am not sure about that.....I think that is Robert Foster continues to develop he might actually be special

BUT

It is good to have solid vet WR's playing with him on this team.....and John Brown/Beasely ARE that

Foster is still somewhat of an unknown. As it stands right now, Brown is by far the best receiver on the team. Foster could develop into a good receiver though. Let's see how he does in year 2.