WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

Just now, Jeetz1231 said:

I really don't understand the thought process behind Zay being gone. The kid made a big jump from year 1-2, he's young and has shown improvement. 

He's not - but hes going to either have to play special teams or push hard for playing time.  

People get banged up and his contract is fully guaranteed minus likely offsets.  He just has to be able to play everywhere.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dneveu said:

Yeah - buys us time to try and get weapons through the draft.  We need young talent at RB, pass rush, and linemen on both sides of the ball.

Yeah and the other thing is it doesnt take us out of drafting a wr but i highly doubt it will be in the first rd. 

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

He's not - but hes going to either have to play special teams or push hard for playing time.  

People get banged up and his contract is fully guaranteed minus likely offsets.  He just has to be able to play everywhere.

Yea hed likely be the 4th option right now but I dont know why you cut him. He could be much more versatile that McKenzie. Unless we draft someone else in the 2nd or someone balls out in camp I think Zay makes the team

2 minutes ago, Jeetz1231 said:

I really don't understand the thought process behind Zay being gone. The kid made a big jump from year 1-2, he's young and has shown improvement. 

I don't believe he's going anywhere.  He will compete to be out on the field and I think he will end up finding some playing time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Beasley has 20 more yards and 4 fewer TDs than Zay last year. This makes zero sense. 

How do their targets compare? 

I looked it up.  15 less targets for Cole (that more than explains the difference in yards, w/ same targets he would probably be ~100 yards more than Zay!).  He had a slightly lower Y/R but much higher catch %.  The TD's make sense considering Zay is working on the outside and Dallas probably just fed Zeke in the Red zone.

Edited by YattaOkasan