WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

Just now, Big C said:

Gonna have to wait and see what Cook gets before drawing any conclusions like that. Cook is coming off a career year and I'll bet he is looking for a lot more than we gave Kroft.

cook was a pro bowler the year before as well. even past few years he has proven he is def one of the best catching TE's in the league. athletic and great at jump balls wouldve been perfect fit

2 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

D1gAqPEU0AAqsNY.jpg

yes he is younger and right in his prime. he is also 6 ft 4. brown is 5.10. big target who is one of the best red zone catchers on fade routes as well. is why so many went after hard and he is years younger, last year was chargers main deep threat, they just had so many guys to spread it do receptions were down a bit. id rather have him over brown and beasley together

I just think not giving Cook a 2 year deal was a mistake over an injury prone guy whose never proven he can produce, not for the $ we gave

Wow one cherry picked stat. Oh and he’s taller. See that guy above tyrell on your little chart? He’s 5’11”. Same as John Brown. I know you’re new and probably just trolling but try a little harder.

you do realize there are 31 other teams are all looking and talking to these guys at the same time as well, right? You seem extra salty about these 2 WRs we picked up simply because they weren’t your preferred guys. The goal, luckily, isn’t pleasing you. It’s improving the team. And make no mistake and listen carefully: brown and beasley are absolutely, positively improvements over what Buffalo had last year at that unit. If you dispute that, then fine. You’d be wrong, but go ahead.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

you miss the point. due to those contracts and other guys on defense we need to reseign we will end up being out bid for high level wr's that are worth it. there is multiple guys who are getting extensions giving these bums that much is a waste even if front loaded

and you think beasley and brown will put us anywhere close to the playoffs? LOL

You improve the WR room now, and draft a stud and don't force him into the lineup....

Brown, Foster, Beasley, Jones, McKenzie, Williams > Benjamin, Kerley, Jones etc.

Brown and Foster outside makes use of JAs best asset, his arm. It keeps 1 if not 2 S deep. This opens up the underneath stuff to slot guys like Beasley/ Jones/ McKenzie, and oh yeah it opens up the running game.

No there is no #1 NFL stud on this team. There are guys with speed (Brown and Foster), guys who excel in or should have been in the slot all along (Beasley and Jones) and whatever TE Buffalo drafts, or give Kroft/ Crooms some options.

This is before the draft. I hear it's a deep WR draft, and the Bills have mo money next year. Win 9-10 games and the Brown or OBJ deal actually happens.

2 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

williams was higher if look ad advanced stats, it went down because he caught a bunch of screens late season. and yes williams has proved he can play big time. and isnt turning 30. williams went down a dip last year because they spread the ball around to everyone including their RB. I wouldve loved williams and brown. all im saying is williams>>>>brown. but wouldve loved both, I can live with brown, but he was also on a team with nobody else around and got more looks (besides a washed up larry). you go ask anyone in the league who is better and all will say williams its why so many teams went mainly after him as the only wr they wanted, and hes coming into his prime and is years younger. most teams agreed and made big plays for him I can live with brown. Williams has 100x the upside. 6 ft 4 huge target for allen, just turned 27 , has already shown he can have a 1k yard season when only started 12 games, its always a lock for either 6-700, for the red zone one of the best jump ball wr's in the league. Brown is solid but we over paid a bit, it can be lived with beasley is wasted money even front loaded crabtree and tate wouldve been better for allen

We really couldve topped giants offer on obj to

Dont forget Brown has sickle cell, a lot of teams did medical reports and didnt even offer him a penny cause of that risk

Beasley not so much, we couldve front loaded crabtree or tate and gotten much better value than a mediocre guy.

biggest problem was not making a play for cook or a tight end not coming off an injury who has never done anything. we got fleeced by his agent on that contract. there were multiple other tight ends wed be better off with imo, and a few draftable ones, cant believe how much we gave him

I am well aware...already discussed in the other thread that 1 was a for sure 1 good sign, 1 we over paid and is meh, the other is a toss up, wont even go into specifics and detail the current thread topic

Sssoooo.... your just going to throw up a bunch of stats to try and prove how much you know, then back track, then say you arent even going to discuss it? None of which actually is a response to the higher overarching point that throwing $$ at names is a crummy solution that is one if not the main root of this franchises issues since 1996 of FA as we know it came to exist.... all i can say is im glad (for better or worse) we have someone willing to formulate a plan and stick to it and your line of thinking is a way of the past. Again, signings were savvy,  well executed,  and on point. Like it or not, there is a reason the Bills chose NOT to offer what the Browns did. Sure they could have beat it or offered similar,  but for what? If it was part of the plan it would have happened. Its not, so it didnt. If you dont like this line of thinking you will be in for a rough few years.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Gonna have to wait and see what Cook gets before drawing any conclusions like that. Cook is coming off a career year and I'll bet he is looking for a lot more than we gave Kroft.

And there are some stud TEs in this draft. 

Apparently lodgic is lost when star struck by 'names'

Edited by gobills1212

Better get ready to hear some hot freestyle on Sunday during pregame...and maybe him even going in on some of the Corners during the game that he is smoking

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Rhyming aside, -there's stuff to like with this one... I was never an "Allen" guy, but Josh definitely has the arm strength to put the ball on Cole in a hurry...

-Which is exactly what Cole needs... Beasley in space,  with a powerful, accurate arm finding him?   Hmmm...

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I like Hockenson and he has me thinking about breaking my rule of never taking a TE in the Top 10.

Yep.

Dude blocks like a bulldozer too.

I'm trying to not get excited because I don't think he'll be there at #9.

12 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Wow one cherry picked stat. Oh and he’s taller. See that guy above tyrell on your little chart? He’s 5’11”. Same as John Brown. I know you’re new and probably just trolling but try a little harder.

you do realize there are 31 other teams are all looking and talking to these guys at the same time as well, right? You seem extra salty about these 2 WRs we picked up simply because they weren’t your preferred guys. The goal, luckily, isn’t pleasing you. It’s improving the team. And make no mistake and listen carefully: brown and beasley are absolutely, positively improvements over what Buffalo had last year at that unit. If you dispute that, then fine. You’d be wrong, but go ahead.

williams is younger and has 10000x more upside. you do realize on everyones rankings williams was #1 or 2 and beasley wasnt right? brown was further down by a bit to. williams is one of the best jump ball guys as well perfect for allen, and the upside isnt even close, brown is just another goodwin

11 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Sssoooo.... your just going to throw up a bunch of stats to try and prove how much you know, then back track, then say you arent even going to discuss it? None of which actually is a response to the higher overarching point that throwing $$ at names is a crummy solution that is one if not the main root of this franchises issues since 1996 of FA as we know it came to exist.... all i can say is im glad (for better or worse) we have someone willing to formulate a plan and stick to it and your line of thinking is a way of the past. Again, signings were savvy,  well executed,  and on point. Like it or not, there is a reason the Bills chose NOT to offer what the Browns did. Sure they could have beat it or offered similar,  but for what? If it was part of the plan it would have happened. Its not, so it didnt. If you dont like this line of thinking you will be in for a rough few years.

Apparently lodgic is lost when star struck by 'names'

I said I wont get into which O lineman i like and dont like because this thread isnt about O lineman. Im saying give Allen some real weapons who have either proven things or have crazy upside and skill sets, someone who can go jump up and get anything and burn over the top. or least get a tight end who isnt injury prone and has proven something. we got fleeced on the tight end $ and we have the 3 oldest backs in the NFL. Williams and Cook were ideal

But if people want to throw out this BS about how beasley and brown are front loaded and can be cut in 1-2 years, then give those contracts to Tate or Crabtree. A solid possession guy who produces every year, not some washed up slots. I think brown is solid but we over paid.

All im saying is this was the FA class we waited for for years as we cut salary and waited for this year. What do we have? Defense still needs some pro bowlers and all pros, we couldnt add a single one, offense we managed to get older at RB, signed an injury prone TE who has never produced, a mediocre slot and Brown who would be a 3-4 on majority of the teams.

We did to solid in o line I am happy about that. But wouldve loved Allen to get more help with a williams, cook, tate, crabtree, etc

I am really hoping Metcalf or someone is still around because if you compare the weapons Allen has to every other team we are in the bottom 5 right now for sure. No legit #1, nobody that would even be a 2 on most teams.... No money tight end who is good in the pass game, a washed up shady, a washed up ivory, gore is a solid vet but at that age not like he can take much more punishment

Not trying to crap on everyones birthday cake but the reality is we had big $ to spend this year, and didnt bring in a single pro bowler, nor any FA who was even close to the top of their position rankings for this class. No excuse to at least not get a cook or a tate. or a Vet like Crabtree. look at the raiders we had MORE money than they did, they got a franchise LT, Joyner a great slot defender and FS, williams and other good pieces and still have about 4 first rounders (pick 34 so close to a 1st) and two firsts next year and still spent and still spent money

Edited by FreeMaxB585
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

williams is younger and has 10000x more upside. you do realize on everyones rankings williams was #1 or 2 and beasley wasnt right? brown was further down by a bit to. williams is one of the best jump ball guys as well perfect for allen, and the upside isnt even close, brown is just another goodwin

“10000x” the upside huh? Well the guy played for years with a future hall of fame QB and didn’t do much. Yes he’s 20 whole months younger than Brown. That translates to what? Brown’s played one more year in the league than him? Jesus.

“Perfect for Allen”? Based on what? Because Allen seemed to develop his best rapport last year with Foster, who is not a WR in Williams’ mold at all.

Again you’re clearly biased and not worth the time anymore. Hopefully your stay here is short.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

“10000x” the upside huh? Well the guy played for years with a future hall of fame QB and didn’t do much. Yes he’s 20 whole months younger than Brown. That translates to what? Brown’s played one more year in the league than him? Jesus.

“Perfect for Allen”? Based on what? Because Allen seemed to develop his best rapport last year with Foster, who is not a WR in Williams’ mold at all.

Again you’re clearly biased and not worth the time anymore. Hopefully your stay here is short.

Well its clear you didnt watch much then. Hes one of the most athletic guys in the league, over the top speed and one of the best jump ball redzone guys. and yes because on that team last year they had a ton of guys who would catches including the RB........but yea all the guys who talk football for a living who all had williams as the #1-#3 best wr FA this year know nothing. All the gm's where info has leaked where he was the #1 guy they went after know nothing. Brown will be solid just think gave a little much, hes a better goodwin. williams offers the same thing just better and also has the height and has proven to be one of the besr jump ball guys

How many times do I have to say tho that i am FINE WITH BROWN!!! Just think a little over paid and williams is better but im fine with it. But beasley over throwing front load money at Cook, Crabtree, Tate, Roberts etc is terrible

Regardless if not him then get tate or Crabtree and front load them, a mediocre slot guy like beasley is useless compared to what possession guys like Crab could for for Allen.

Same with cook and other tight ends compared to the no name trash injury prone guy we gave that $ to. prob 3x more than any other team wouldve given him

Edited by FreeMaxB585

51 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I said I wont get into which O lineman i like and dont like because this thread isnt about O lineman. Im saying give Allen some real weapons who have either proven things or have crazy upside and skill sets, someone who can go jump up and get anything and burn over the top. or least get a tight end who isnt injury prone and has proven something. we got fleeced on the tight end $ and we have the 3 oldest backs in the NFL. Williams and Cook were ideal

But if people want to throw out this BS about how beasley and brown are front loaded and can be cut in 1-2 years, then give those contracts to Tate or Crabtree. A solid possession guy who produces every year, not some washed up slots. I think brown is solid but we over paid.

All im saying is this was the FA class we waited for for years as we cut salary and waited for this year. What do we have? Defense still needs some pro bowlers and all pros, we couldnt add a single one, offense we managed to get older at RB, signed an injury prone TE who has never produced, a mediocre slot and Brown who would be a 3-4 on majority of the teams.

We did to solid in o line I am happy about that. But wouldve loved Allen to get more help with a williams, cook, tate, crabtree, etc

I am really hoping Metcalf or someone is still around because if you compare the weapons Allen has to every other team we are in the bottom 5 right now for sure. No legit #1, nobody that would even be a 2 on most teams.... No money tight end who is good in the pass game, a washed up shady, a washed up ivory, gore is a solid vet but at that age not like he can take much more punishment

Not trying to crap on everyones birthday cake but the reality is we had big $ to spend this year, and didnt bring in a single pro bowler, nor any FA who was even close to the top of their position rankings for this class. No excuse to at least not get a cook or a tate. or a Vet like Crabtree. look at the raiders we had MORE money than they did, they got a franchise LT, Joyner a great slot defender and FS, williams and other good pieces and still have about 4 first rounders (pick 34 so close to a 1st) and two firsts next year and still spent and still spent money

As you’ve argued in many threads.

‘Round these here parts, we got a word fer that, feller..Spamming, punishable by hangin’

Beasley isn’t a mediocre Slot Receiver by anyone elses measure but yours. Step away from the keyboard and watch some isolated video of him. He’s freakishly agile and “always open” -per Dak Prescott, who we’re all going to take his word over yours, no matter how many threads you pollute with nonsense. Nonsense like we “didn’t bring in a single pro bowler”. You’re right, we brought in an All Pro WR who also returns kicks.

Seriously, calm down.

”Crap on everyone’s birthday cake”? I’ve heard that expression before?...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

Bolded is your problem/issue. 

You idea of 'ideal' differs from McBeane.

That is why ive already said you are better off accepting it, or finding another rooting interest bc its no fun complaining about 'your' team - is it?

Again, it is what it is. He has control of the roster of an NFL team and you dont. Id venture to guess there is a reason behind that

4 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

CRABTREE???

• Haha (+1) 1