WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I believe Beane backed out once he heard Browns contract demands.  What we do know, is that he was interested in adding a true #1 wR

With the money we're shelling out to lesser WR's, I continue to believe that Brown nixed the deal. Nobody knows for sure, but that is my belief.

Either way, we added a known commodity in Beasley and a guy with "upside" in Brown. Not particularly enthused or disappointed. The one area of concern I still have is at guard. If we're going to run the ball downhill, they have to upgrade at that position.

I know a few Cowboys fans, and they all have told me that this was a good signing and are upset to have lost him.   

No clear number one receiver as of now but a group of Foster, Brown, Beasley, Jones and McKenzie is miles ahead of what Buffalo had over the last two years.     Also have the draft ahead and Duke Williams is a complete wild card as far as what he will do. 

Regardless of what the roster looks like in September, Allen will have a reliable group of receivers to throw it to. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Damn good slot receiver. I really hope that Duke pans out because right now we have tons of speed but not a whole lot of size (not a bad thing but I am thinking a big dude for Josh to throw jump balls too would help)

That's where Kroft comes in too. 6'6"! I think Allen's gonna love him in the red zone.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

With the money we're shelling out to lesser WR's, I continue to believe that Brown nixed the deal. Nobody knows for sure, but that is my belief.

Either way, we added a known commodity in Beasley and a guy with "upside" in Brown. Not particularly enthused or disappointed. The one area of concern I still have is at guard. If we're going to run the ball downhill, they have to upgrade at that position.

I’ve never been a Brown guy because I thought he was too much of an injury risk, but he’s more of a compliment to the offense than he is key contributor.  Foster and Brown on the field st the same time puts a stress on the defense before the ball is even snapped.  They help open it up for Beasley, who is exceptional at creating space already and has great hands.  Add in Kroft and maybe another TE.  The outside speed spreads the defense out or makes them pay

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhyteDwarf said:

hmm, yuck

Judging from your name, I would think you would like this signing. ???

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This might be my favorite signing yet. Finally a receiver that you can rely on to make a tough catch.

Finally we have that Walker/Edelman type receiver! The bills have finally learned their lesson...I’ve been waiting over a decade for this type of signing. ??

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

But I just read that Dallas is the most preferred FA destination and Buffalo is the last . . .

I agree that list was stupid but I think we offered $10 million more so that might have been a factor in Cole leaving. 

That said, I love the signing.  I do think we still need a top end receiver.  Hopefully in the draft. I think Beasley will be a great vet teacher.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

2 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

Brown is virtually Foster and Beasley is virtually Jones. There is no upgrade. 

If Brown is like Foster that means we actually have 2 starting outside receivers, which is a huge upgrade. And if Jones was a free agent he wouldn't come close to $7 million per year. This signing makes me think Zay is being phased out. They aren't waiting for him to "develop," they're going to cut their losses and move on. I love to see it.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The Bills are definitely going DEFENSE in the draft.

I hope you’re kidding.  We signed a 3rd string TE, a guy who averaged 650 yards in his career, and an undersized slot receiver,  I actually like most of the moves but you don’t stop upgrading your offense because of them.  They need a big receiver or TE.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope you’re kidding.  We signed a 3rd string TE, a guy who averaged 650 yards in his career, and an undersized slot receiver,  I actually like most of the moves but you don’t stop upgrading your offense because of them.  They need a big receiver or TE.

I’m not kidding. They’ve gone almost exclusively Offense in free agency. They’ll want to make some roster moves on Defense and the draft is the only variable left in the equation.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If a penetrating blue chip DL is there at 9, you take him. Then add to the O as it falls to us per BPA. Defense is where its at as far as #9 goes. Trade down and then that becomes a different game

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do you mean big as in physically large, or big time (i.e. a star wideout)? If it's the second then I agree but that's tough to acquire. If it's the first, then I disagree. We already went that route last year, and it turns out Josh isn't precise enough to fit the ball into tight spaces. Big guys have a harder time getting open unless they're stars, which again are very hard to acquire. We're better off finding players who do a good job of getting open, regardless of size (though usually they're smaller players).  

Edited by VW82