WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

On 3/19/2019 at 3:55 PM, 3rdand12 said:

why exactly did Dallas let him go ?

1.) They extended an offer, but Beasley felt (correctly, apparently) that he was worth more
2.) Beasley wanted out of that offense and wanted an opportunity to catch more balls elsewhere

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Logic said:

1.) They extended an offer, but Beasley felt (correctly, apparently) that he was worth more
2.) Beasley wanted out of that offense and wanted an opportunity to catch more balls elsewhere

The more i learn? The more I like this fellow.

Thanks

On 3/20/2019 at 10:50 AM, LabattBlue said:

IMO, Beasley is a much better value at his $$$, than John Brown at his $$$.

Come on!  Brown is getting paid half the money Sammy is to be a decoy.

On 3/12/2019 at 1:33 PM, nucci said:

Assuming the reported $14.4M guaranteed in new Bills WR Cole Beasley's contract is total guarantees (not $ guaranteed at signing).

That (currently) represents the 32nd-highest total guarantee among WRs. Another low-cost veteran at a big position of need for Buffalo.

That's an excellent point.  That definitely puts things into better perspective to judge whether or not they might have overpaid.  I was definitely looking at that contract to narrowly with what he can potentially bring to this offense. Now I actually think that's a bit of a bargain.  I don't really put much weight on individual stats or numbers but that one is probably an exception.  Taking into account the unsettled QB position the Cowboys have had during Beasley's tenure,  he was severely underutilized most of those years.  He's no Edelman of course, but can definitely bring a lot of the same to Buffalo's offense with the right play calling.  Daboll has very clearly established a very vertical, long-distance offensive scheme (and it's about GD time we have that again here for f---ks sake) that leaves A LOT of room underneath for Beasley to work his magic.  Also means D's are going to need to be much more creative spying on Allen and we know that's gonna be fun to watch.  With more speed over the top with the WR's, Cole is going to be almost exclusively single-covered.  I see good things coming out of that.

It's very refreshing to be so optimistic and genuinely excited about our offense right now.  That's not something we've had around here a lot for the last few decades.  I'm actually more than a little ashamed to have been so optimistic about those under talented and poorly schemed offensives we were stuck with since pretty much 1996.  Excruciating doesn't even begin to describe it.  To think we even have a 50% chance of having a truly high-powered offense is very unfamiliar territory for us Bills fans.  We've so obviously paid our dues so maybe we're finally getting our returns (knock on wood).  I have to watch last years highlight reels every few days just to be sure I'm not imagining all of this. I see Josh running all over for 20 yard chunks at a time, and then making those nasty on-a-frozen-rope throws and have to constantly remind myself that's actually a Bills QB I'm seeing.  It's still not registering completely.

Edited by Generic Screen Name 2
  • Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Cole Beasley still duking it out with salty Cowboys fans. :lol: Read the threads.

While part of me likes that he's embracing his new team/surroundings, another part of me is reminded of why the Steelers underachieve every year.

It's time for the Bills to STFU and start winning games; then they can talk smack.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

While part of me likes that he's embracing his new team/surroundings, another part of me is reminded of why the Steelers underachieve every year.

It's time for the Bills to STFU and start winning games; then they can talk smack.

He’s not talking smack so much as setting the record straight for people ignorant of Buffalo’s sports medicine facilities. 

Just now, K-9 said:

He’s not talking smack so much as setting the record straight for people ignorant of Buffalo’s sports medicine facilities. 

Yes, I do see that.  I think I need to take a Pamprin and re-evaluate. 

• Haha (+1) 3