WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

20 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

Well its clear you didnt watch much then. Hes one of the most athletic guys in the league, over the top speed and one of the best jump ball redzone guys. and yes because on that team last year they had a ton of guys who would catches including the RB........but yea all the guys who talk football for a living who all had williams as the #1-#3 best wr FA this year know nothing. All the gm's where info has leaked where he was the #1 guy they went after know nothing. Brown will be solid just think gave a little much, hes a better goodwin. williams offers the same thing just better and also has the height and has proven to be one of the besr jump ball guys

Why are the Chargers letting Williams go if if he a cross between Antonio Brown and Randy Moss?

Why would they let a clear first ballot hall of famer walk?

Cole Beasley explains choosing Bills over Cowboys and Patriots, why moving to Buffalo won't be difficult

Cole Beasley said Thursday that his final free agency decision came down to the Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots or staying with the Cowboys.

Beasley ultimately picked the Bills and their four-year, $29 million offer, which was significantly higher than the Cowboys were willing to spend on the veteran slot receiver.

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1OyKAyDWkQbKb

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure where the conversation has drifted off to but I really like the Beasley signing. He seems to be the kind of tough nosed slot receiver the Bills have needed. I see him doing really well here.

It got hijacked by the 1% for a while. Thanks for bringing it back on track!?

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif

billsb_logo.gif Bills sign WRs John Brown and Cole Beasley (3 years, $27 million; 4 years, $29 million): B Grade 
The Bills signed two receivers in the same hour, so I thought I should group the two signings together, given that they are so similar. 

John Brown is the better of the two wideouts, which would explain why he's getting more money per year. Brown has a checkered injury history that nearly caused him to retire, but he was healthy last year and could finally be over his injury woes. Brown is an explosive play-maker who seems like he'd be a great fit in Buffalo's offense. Brown has great speed, which had to appeal to Buffalo, considering how strong Josh Allen's arm is. 

Cole Beasley, on the other hand, has been a very reliable slot receiver for the Cowboys over the years. He hasn't produced monster numbers, but he's a better player than the stats indicate. He'll be a highly dependable target for Allen going forward. 

I like both of these moves, and I think Buffalo deserves a "B" grade for each of them. We've seen receivers obtain colossal contracts on the market recently, and neither signing is egregious. Neither is a bargain either, but the Bills made a couple of solid moves to improve their horrendous receiving corps. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5iFuKEj8t

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#PopJP9iFZSK9p4pd.99

Just listened to John Murphy interview him a few minutes ago.  He did his research on Buffalo and said Buffalo fans are all in on their team.  His exact words were Bills fans are "ride or die" type fans.  I was surprised to hear him say that when Dallas wasn't in the playoffs, fans just came to "watch the show" (he said it in a negative connotation).  

Yards Per Reception - NFL Since 2015 (min. 80 receptions) 1. J.J. Nelson (17.8 avg.) 2. DeSean Jackson (16.8 avg.) 3. Marquise Goodwin (16.5 avg.) 4. T.Y. Hilton (16.4 avg.) 5t. Rob Gronkowski (16.3 avg.) 5t. @TyrellWilliams_

we couldve even got jj nelson for super cheap and been our deep guy burner/ again brown is average but frpntloading tate and crabtree they prove to produce every year. wouldve done much more as possession guys than beasley. we arent the Pats where mediocre slot guys will always be amazing

14 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Why are the Chargers letting Williams go if if he a cross between Antonio Brown and Randy Moss?

Why would they let a clear first ballot hall of famer walk?

whomever said hes a 1st ballot HOF'r lol. its not very complicated but let me walk you through it. they did want him back, and did make him a solid offer. they have a lot of other guys who took up their salary cap, have a good roster and other guys coming up. The raiders were 4th as far as cap space going into FA and they out bid the chargers. We know what Brown is, while Williams has the chance of being elite and has shown he can be. But yea all the other teams who targeted him as the best possible guy in this years class while brown was nowhere on their top 10's they know nothing

If want to say screw williams then fine. But he is better than brown, wouldve been better for Allen not just in the deep ball but as a possesion guy to while brown is a 1 tricker like goodwin. But again forget williams, crabtree and tate produce every year and are much better than beasley

Im sure you think we got a steal at tight end to

Edited by FreeMaxB585

On 3/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, Heitz said:

2018 catch stats:

- Beasley:  65 catches on 85 targets, 74.7% catch percentage.   https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeasCo00.htm

- Crabtree:  54 catches on 100 targets, 54% catch percentage.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrabMi00.htm  

Might want to check those links, Bealey's catch percentage is more often than not, higher than Crabtrees...

lmao smh....... because for one once lamar jackson came in all the wr stats went down. and it shouldnt be hard for you to understand beasley caught a lot of screens and quick little outs, while crab always runs longer routes and is a move the chains 3rd down guy. and is an actual red zone threat. He also was questionable every week the hamstring and wasnt 100% and is now. Took Lamar time to do anything passing wise, beasley for that $ front loaded or not others nothing for allen opposed to someone physical who can line out wide. has shown he can get more than 5 td's in a single year.. Of course he will have a higher catch % last year when he is running 3-5 yard outs, try watching the games

Even front loading Tate on a 1 or 2 years would be better than beasley even if was a little more expensive, we had the money

Regardless we got fleeced on a tight end a no name injury prone bum when couldve had cook and a few other better options

8 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Beasley chose us over the Patriots. Nice!

we offered him 3x the $ lol

Edited by FreeMaxB585

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif

billsb_logo.gif Bills sign WRs John Brown and Cole Beasley (3 years, $27 million; 4 years, $29 million): B Grade 
The Bills signed two receivers in the same hour, so I thought I should group the two signings together, given that they are so similar. 

John Brown is the better of the two wideouts, which would explain why he's getting more money per year. Brown has a checkered injury history that nearly caused him to retire, but he was healthy last year and could finally be over his injury woes. Brown is an explosive play-maker who seems like he'd be a great fit in Buffalo's offense. Brown has great speed, which had to appeal to Buffalo, considering how strong Josh Allen's arm is. 

Cole Beasley, on the other hand, has been a very reliable slot receiver for the Cowboys over the years. He hasn't produced monster numbers, but he's a better player than the stats indicate. He'll be a highly dependable target for Allen going forward. 

I like both of these moves, and I think Buffalo deserves a "B" grade for each of them. We've seen receivers obtain colossal contracts on the market recently, and neither signing is egregious. Neither is a bargain either, but the Bills made a couple of solid moves to improve their horrendous receiving corps. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5iFuKEj8t

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#PopJP9iFZSK9p4pd.99

HELL YEA ITS A LOCK THEY WORK OUT NOW! Walter football the same guy that said EJ was a steal and would be competing with Brady the next decade, the same guy from the write up who gave our abysmal 2015-2016 classes A's. Mario Williams the steal of the year, CJ Spiller the next barry sanders, and Benjamin the sleeper move of the off season who will have pro bowl #'s and Zay would be a 80 catch player. I feel great now

I remember watching the week 16 game NYG v DAL, praying for a giants win so that they could finish 6-10 so we move above them in the draft....anyway, with just seconds left in a game the Cowboys did not need to win, they have a 4th and goal, Dak throws it deep in the end zone, Beasley makes an incredible effort to pull it in at full stretch but it is ruled incomplete as it appears that he is well out of bounds - until the review shows that he gets both feet in with an inch to spare. Man I was pissed off. Another draft position down the pecking order we go. ************!!!

Fair to say I'm a little less upset now.

Welcome to Buffalo, Cole!!!

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

Yards Per Reception - NFL Since 2015 (min. 80 receptions) 1. J.J. Nelson (17.8 avg.) 2. DeSean Jackson (16.8 avg.) 3. Marquise Goodwin (16.5 avg.) 4. T.Y. Hilton (16.4 avg.) 5t. Rob Gronkowski (16.3 avg.) 5t. @TyrellWilliams_

we couldve even got jj nelson for super cheap and been our deep guy burner/ again brown is average but frpntloading tate and crabtree they prove to produce every year. wouldve done much more as possession guys than beasley. we arent the Pats where mediocre slot guys will always be amazing

whomever said hes a 1st ballot HOF'r lol. its not very complicated but let me walk you through it. they did want him back, and did make him a solid offer. they have a lot of other guys who took up their salary cap, have a good roster and other guys coming up. The raiders were 4th as far as cap space going into FA and they out bid the chargers. We know what Brown is, while Williams has the chance of being elite and has shown he can be. But yea all the other teams who targeted him as the best possible guy in this years class while brown was nowhere on their top 10's they know nothing

If want to say screw williams then fine. But he is better than brown, wouldve been better for Allen not just in the deep ball but as a possesion guy to while brown is a 1 tricker like goodwin. But again forget williams, crabtree and tate produce every year and are much better than beasley

Im sure you think we got a steal at tight end to

When you're in a hole, stop digging....

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I think Cole is going to quickly become a fan favorite catching 3rd down passes and moving the chains. This guy is a great addition to help Josh out when things break down. 

I think so as well. Some of Josh’s best plays were scrambling right from pressure and throwing short passes back to Ivory who had at least 40 yards of complete freedom to run before Safety’s could get an angle on him. 

Seeing the freakishly skilled moves Beasley makes on designed plays with Dallas should mandate that Dabol design these as well and not wait til Josh is forced to pull a rabbit out of his hat. Per Dak Prescott, Cole is “Always Open”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1