WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

If a penetrating blue chip DL is there at 9, you take him. Then add to the O as it falls to us per BPA. Defense is where its at as far as #9 goes. Trade down and then that becomes a different game

Bingo

i think Ed Oliver is a lock 

this is a great move

but to everyone thinking we are "done" at WR need to check again. We literally have no one on the team right now who can even remotely qualify as a #1 guy. a lot of teams don't have a superstar WR but they at least have a unanimous leader at the position. Beasley is prob the most talented WR on the team right now which says a lot. 

Allen still needs that big physical WR that can go up and catch anything. there are plenty in the draft and I really hope we can get one or one of the top TE's. this offense is far from where it should be but its slowly improving. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not kidding. They’ve gone almost exclusively Offense in free agency. They’ll want to make some roster moves on Defense and the draft is the only variable left in the equation.

Offense is where they needed the most help!! This is just a drop in the bucket.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bingo

i think Ed Oliver is a lock 

He's been my choice for quite some time. However, if for some ridiculous reason Quinnen Williams is still there at #9, I'm all over that!

Edited by BuffAlone

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not kidding. They’ve gone almost exclusively Offense in free agency. They’ll want to make some roster moves on Defense and the draft is the only variable left in the equation.

You’re severely overrated some of these offensive moves.  I really like Beasley and I like Brown and I think Kroft is ok but there still is a ton left for improvement.  We had the 2nd worst offense in the nfl.  I would go BPA at 9 but I think a 2nd round pick should be a receiver (Hakeem Butler).

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I don't like your title.  At a time when everybody is looking for free agency news, your title does not qualify the subject as a discussion on opinions.  Additional posts I hadn't had a chance to see confirms it actually happened.  In that case, a link, or at least an indication that it had happened would have been nice.

I don't like your face!!

27 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

He's been my choice for quite some time. However, if for some ridiculous reason Quinnen Williams is still there at #9, I'm all over that!

Not to derail this into a draft thread, but there are a few scenarios that could possibly allow this to happen. It is a long shot and will all depend on there being a big run on the QB's in the top 8, but if we landed Q. Williams I would probably faint from pure joy.

Edited by Juice_32
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re severely overrated some of these offensive moves.  I really like Beasley and I like Brown and I think Kroft is ok but there still is a ton left for improvement.  We had the 2nd worst offense in the nfl.  I would go BPA at 9 but I think a 2nd round pick should be a receiver (Hakeem Butler).

If you say so, but I’m guessing it’s DLine and LB...because they need real quality help at both levels.  Just my guess 

2 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Beasley's stat line should be something like...40+ catches and 500+ yards with 4 TDs? 

If he's our #2 WR, probably.

If he's our #3 option, I highly doubt we'll pass the ball enough to have our 3rd WR net that many yards. Lately it seems our RB/TE will get more receptions & yardage than most of our WR's.

I too like this signing but I too think we are overloaded at the #3 WR spots and slot receivers ha ha. But then he makes others less needed. 

Solid upgrades overall by Beane. Kind of silent deals that won't attract media attention but make significant impacts.

I actually love this signing. If you watch tape of Beasley, the guy is always getting open. Consistently wins 1-on-1 matchups. Good hands. Doesn’t fumble or drop too many passes. Super hard worker. Good locker room guy. 

Very reliable target for Allen and should fit Daboll’s offense very nicely. 

12 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Humphries would've been better but a wonderful consolation for sure

Humphries is younger but Beasley is by far the better player. The Cowboys are just a dumb team that severely restricted his opportunities - Cole believed it to be on purpose which is why he wanted outta there.

If we wanted to get Josh a great slot receiver, I honestly think we got him the best WR in FA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CowboysStats/status/1084465844581629953?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-1887115055189050741.ampproject.net%2F1903070012530%2Fframe.html

• Like (+1) 1