WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Beasley is also the kind of player that will get wide open when Josh is scrambling wildly. 

The added benefit of having receivers getting open when the play breaks down is, hopefully, Josh takes off less. How many times when the play was replayed did it show that our receivers were blanketed. I really like the Beasley pickup.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I don't like your title.  At a time when everybody is looking for free agency news, your title does not qualify the subject as a discussion on opinions.  Additional posts I hadn't had a chance to see confirms it actually happened.  In that case, a link, or at least an indication that it had happened would have been nice.

That time of the month?

15 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Really don't understand. For. I just hope they will have money in the future to acquire HIGH quality free agents and be able to keep any emerging stars that we draft. However, if Beasley can be our 3rd down maker, that keeps our Defense off the field and makes the whole team better. BTW, I was really hoping they would draft Davis Sills(West Virginia), possibly in Round 3. He's going to be an excellent pro in the right system.

No need to worry on that front. For whatever reason, our fanbase has become obsessed with the cap since they gutted the roster.

They are overpaying these guys, but that's the way free agency works, especially when you have so much space. They've also structured the contracts in a manner that allows flexibility in the event they have to pay the QB/White/Edmunds a couple years from now. That would be a good problem to have.

The real question is whether or not these guys help the Bills win in 2019. The good teams just wiggle money around to stay under the cap. That's the least of our concerns.

• Like (+1) 3

The Bills didn't have anyone last year that could generate separation within 5-10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Allen was bailing and running and getting hit a lot because he was waiting for 15 yard routes to develop. Now, part of that could be gameplan, but it could also be what talent we had. Cole Beasley is a guy who can get half a step on a DB and make a play 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. This is huge for how we run our offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The Bills didn't have anyone last year that could generate separation within 5-10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Allen was bailing and running and getting hit a lot because he was waiting for 15 yard routes to develop. Now, part of that could be gameplan, but it could also be what talent we had. Cole Beasley is a guy who can get half a step on a DB and make a play 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. This is huge for how we run our offense. 

For sure. He seems to be at his best when a play is extended by the quarterback. Got those wiggle moves that allow him to get open quickly. Don't love the contract, but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Terrific weapon to have, especially on 3rd and 6.

Edited by LSHMEAB

4 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Beasley's stat line should be something like...40+ catches and 500+ yards with 4 TDs? 

Depends. If we throw more think 70+ for 600-750 yards. Touchdowns matter but they’re also so scattered for players. One thing is for sure, this guy should immediately be Allen’s best friend. He is always open. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

More reasons for you to cheer for the Bills!

EXACTLY!!!

Now the Bills game vs the Cowboys just got a little more INTERESTING.

My heartfelt congratulations Cole and best wishes for a great career with the Bills.

31 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Add me to that list...

Best friend is a HUGE Cowboys fan...Called him to tell him and his reaction was... "NO!!!!"... ?

tbf Cowboys fans are DUMB. They think Jason Witten will take them over the top the SB success.. ya know, cause he was always doing that the 15 YEARS he was a Cowboy.

Grain of salt. Sounds like he's as good a slot WR as any. Rational Cowboys fans will say that. He under performed with the new OC Scott Linehan as well compared to other points in his career.