WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

I like this signing though the price is a little high.  Beasley is a tough player especially for his size.  Real grit and never quits.  He's going to have a rough retirement though with all of the nasty hits he's taken and will continue to take I'm sure.  His brain has taken a beating already.  But he does keep getting back up after each hammering.  Grit.

Remember last year when McBeane were making a bunch of head scratcher moves in FA? Feels like eons ago. 

Beasley is exactly the type of receiver I was hoping we'd sign: he's good in the slot, you can move him around, and he's very good at getting open. I get that everyone wants a prototypical number one guy with size, but Josh needs players who can consistently get open so he isn't always having to throw to players on the run which he struggles with. Get open, sit down in a soft spot in coverage and wait for the missile to hit you in the numbers. 

McBeane are showing a much better understanding of not just team needs but which types of players are needed in order to fit with our existing guys. It's encouraging. 

Edited by VW82

5 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

I kinda hate it. Could pick up a younger slot guy with better physical skills albeit less experience in 4th or 5th round. And Beasley feels like one of those guys whose production will plummet outside his comfort zone of Texas. Hope I'm wrong. Like the Brown signing , don't like this one. 

I'm trying to be positive, but I see the exact same thing. This is a guy that has completely underwhelmed me his whole career.  I'll be honest, when I checked his stats just now I was expecting them to be higher just based on his reputation and name.  He never really had a breakout season.

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Remember last year when McBeane were making a bunch of head scratcher moves in FA? Feels like eons ago. 

Beasley is exactly the type of receiver I was hoping we'd sign: he's good in the slot, you can move him around, and he's very good at getting open. I get that everyone wants a prototypical number one guy with size, but Josh needs players who can consistently get open so he isn't always having to throw to players on the run which he struggles with. Get open, sit down in a soft spot in coverage and wait for the missile to hit you in the numbers. 

McBeane are showing a much better understanding of not just team needs but which types of players are needed in order to fit with our existing guys. It's encouraging. 

Oh, you mean yesterday before the Morse signing? :)

I love this signing!!! I irrationally love Cole.  Dude dunks and raps.  He gets open all the time.  I prefer this to the Brown signing.

that said, for a qb who isn’t the most accurate (I know Allen never had a bad throw and it was everybody else’s fault), bigger targets seem like a good idea. Hopefully, in the draft.  But I love  Cole.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sorry for the flat reaction, but I really didn't see it coming. 

He's a great safety valve option, and between him and Brown, and all of the other hole plugging, I honestly think we actually can take BPA at 9

(Would love another WR in the top 2 rounds, but no need to stretch)

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, fridge said:

I'm trying to be positive, but I see the exact same thing. This is a guy that has completely underwhelmed me his whole career.  I'll be honest, when I checked his stats just now I was expecting them to be higher just based on his reputation and name.  He never really had a breakout season.

Some guys aren't about stats. They're about being open when they shouldn't be, and when they need to be. I think Beasley is that guy.

• Like (+1) 1