WR Cole Beasley (Dallas) to the Bills

5 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

This regime need to be fired !!!!!!!from AB to cole beasly  what a joke      I guess his pigment is perfect for our climate another good ole boy

did you get shoved in your locker a lot as a kid?  rhetorical question of course!

• Haha (+1) 2

Interesting acquisition. Beasley makes his living in the slot, though, and Daboll clearly has been asking for a Wes Welker/Julian Edelman type. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I dig it. Go Beane. 

And I don't think this means the end for Zay. Not at all. Beasley is 30 years old and even though it's a 4-year deal, it's likely structured in a way that gives the Bills an out after one or two years. Much like the Tyler Kroft deal. He isn't really guaranteed anything beyond this season. As for Zay, he'll line up outside where he's actually better off. Lot of people tend to think he's made for the slot because he caught so many screens and short passes from there in college but if you look at the film, he excels more when he lines up outside.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills don't need a true #1.   NFL offenses can thrive with a near handful of competent receivers as long as they have someone who can distribute it to them.   The Bills are looking to pick up on this trend but add a twist to it by going more vertical with this approach than what we've seen.  The thinking is that they have a QB that can not only sling it down the field to the receivers but with the vertical approach it will open up running lanes for Allen to take advantage for chunk running plays.   I think it's going to work.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If we can somehow snag Hockenson.... wow.

Kroft/Hockenson working the middle of the field with Beasley in the slot, Foster/Brown taking the top off and the hopeful development of Zay Jones.

Beane is, once again, a magician

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Had a feeling this was coming especially after the bills facebook page the other day had a pic of beasley. Anyone else see that?

Weve got some more weapons now but not a lot of youth either. Oldest backfield in the league and brown and beasley are 29/30

Yeah - buys us time to try and get weapons through the draft.  We need young talent at RB, pass rush, and linemen on both sides of the ball.