WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Foster and Brown on the outside running deep routes, opening up the underneath area for Zay Jones and Cole Beasley out of the slot.

Add a big-bodied tight end to the mix and this offense is in business.

And people... don't forget Allen's running abilities! He can't spin around people but give him a straight field and he has shown amazing speed. 20+ yard runs are great and demoralizes defenses. It should open up Shady's runs too, which happens to also be a very good receiver IMO. I suspect the Bills will be a pass happy team first and foremost. Seriously, what a difference so far already. If they can pass protect, expect a LOT of long plays. It will be entertaining, whatever else happens!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

In the two links I sent, only 2 out of 14 receivers average 16.5 yards plus averaged in the 60s. Regardless, it really doesn't matter; deep throws are a bit of a crap shoot given the distance involved. What matters is having a guy who can beat guys deep and haul it in with some regularity. He can CERTAINLY do that--he is friggin' fast and still in his prime. No one is saying he's the second coming of Cliff Branch or Bob Warfield. He is, however, a legit NFL deep threat in his prime who can blow past guys deep. That does a lot for an offense. His performance in 2015 is one of the reasons Arizona had the #1 offense in the NFL. 

PAUL Warfield, but I get your point. Perhaps you were thinking Bullet Bob Hayes? He wasn’t the fastest guy in the NFL. He was the fastest human on Earth! But he had dropsies issues too. Comes with the territory.

8 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

And people... don't forget Allen's running abilities! He can't spin around people but give him a straight field and he has shown amazing speed. 20+ yard runs are great and demoralizes defenses. It should open up Shady's runs too, which happens to also be a very good receiver IMO. I suspect the Bills will be a pass happy team first and foremost. Seriously, what a difference so far already. If they can pass protect, expect a LOT of long plays. It will be entertaining, whatever else happens!

He doesn’t have to spin around. He’ll just LEAP them.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

PAUL Warfield, but I get your point. Perhaps you were thinking Bullet Bob Hayes? He wasn’t the fastest guy in the NFL. He was the fastest human on Earth! But he had dropsies issues too. Comes with the territory.

Lol - i did actually start to type in bob hayes but changed my mind after writng “bob”!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

...great memory bud...Bullet Bob and Paul were fun to watch.....:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Otis Taylor, Bambi & Don Maynard were spectacular fast WRs as well, ‘back then’..

...memory lane...KC's TE Freddie Arbanas playing with one eye after being beaten up in Jan. 1965...STILL was an all-star for '65 through '67......nor should we forget Lance Rentzel's famed "down and out"....:thumbsup:..

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

Sorry if this has been posted already...

Here in Baltimore, there's nothing more high-profile than a Ravens-Steelers game, and Brown looked really good in Pittsburgh last year.

I love watching this play!

• Like (+1) 1

I hate this and the beasley move. next year is a LOADED WR FA CLASS. now we will be out bid by other teams oh guys who can actually provide a great future for us for 2 guys average at best. beasley has had one mediocre season same with brown, instead of waiting one more year we over paid on 2 average guys.

we also couldve gotten jared cook from the raiders a pro bowler and not an injury prone bum who hasnt proved anything his entire time with the  bengals. cook wouldve been a better grab

7 hours ago, SWATeam said:

But, but, but, everyone told me no way since he passed on us last year...

Hahaha, excactly.  Brown won't play in Buffalo & McBeane will never forgive him for spurning the Bills last year.  IMO, John Brown was the best FA WR.  Signing him without drastically overpaying was the icing on the cake.  A+