WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills

• SDS unpinned this topic
4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Anybody who doesn't think that Josh getting 90% of the snaps and coaching attention during TC and the PS won't have major benefits is looney.

Ditto for those who thing the attention given to the Line and receivers in this FA OS period won't have a positive influence on his development and that of the entire Offense are kidding themselves. 

He was thrown to the wolves last year and responded handsomely.
Fun to see FO rewarding him this year in FA. They believe in him.
Foster and Brown are going to make some trouble.

Developing Allen is the adventure i tune in for. going to be another fun season !
and we still have the draft !

Go Bills

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think they wanted JB last year and he nixed it (probably wrong).......and persevered to get him this year......must be something they really like.................

both parties perhaps ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Developing Allen is the adventure i tune in for. going to be another fun season !

Go Bills

...spoken like a true Red Raider!...........:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Go Bills

both parties perhaps ?

...gotta like mutual reunions..........

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think they wanted JB last year and he nixed it (probably wrong).......and persevered to get him this year......must be something they really like.................

They like his speed and production.  And yes he nixed it, because of the QB situation.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They like his speed and production.  And yes he nixed it, because of the QB situation.

...thought so...thanks bud for clarification.....:thumbsup:....speed kills........BTW he now enters the QB situation that Terrell Davis called "potentially disastrous" when discussing AB possibly landing in Bflo....um ok......same smarts as Elway.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thought so...thanks bud for clarification.....:thumbsup:....speed kills........BTW he now enters the QB situation that Terrell Davis called "potentially disastrous" when discussing AB possibly landing in Bflo....um ok......same smarts as Elway.........

Who cares what Terrell Davis says?

John Brown, WR, Buffalo Bills

The deal: Three years, $27 million, $10.1 million guaranteed

Why it's underrated: Given how valuable the ability to win downfield is in the NFL, it's surprising that Brown was given a modest three-year deal. The last time he played with a quarterback who earned a grade of 75.0 or higher on the season was 2015, and Brown went for over 1,000 yards that season. Even last season, he was on pace for 1,068 yards before Lamar Jackson took over and zapped his effectiveness. Brown still finished the 2018 season averaging more yards per route (1.50) than Tyrell Williams (1.41) and Adam Humphries (1.43), who both got bigger deals

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/26263726/picking-most-underrated-overrated-2019-nfl-free-agent-signings

2 bills making the list of top 5 most underrated signings.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Catches most everything with hands too (not body).  Excited about this one.  

He dropped 7 passes last year, which is concerning.  But again he'll be useful keeping his CB off the LOS and a S looking for him since it's not like they can just let him run free thinking "you know, he'll probably drop this pass."

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

He dropped 7 passes last year, which is concerning.  But again he'll be useful keeping his CB off the LOS and a S looking for him since it's not like they can just let him run free thinking "you know, he'll probably drop this pass."

i agree its slightly concerning but the way i look at it is we already had problems with drops, at least now we have a dude that can reward our young qb by making a play on those "area code" throws....

i'll admit i already posted this clip in this thread the day he was signed..... but i don't mind watching again!