WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

pointless hypothetical here..... say the ravens ride flacco to their death last year and brown keeps up his 1100 yd pace or even regress a bit and jussssstt cracks 1000.

did we overpay then? and are your views different on him then?...… do you think he can be that 1000 yd guy he was on the way to being before Jackson came in a they took their time machine back to the 1950's?

I get that 1000 isn't what it used to be but its still solid. doesn't mean we aren't still looking for a top end #1.

He's so scheme specific I think you really gotta' be careful with the hypotheticals with him.

I followed him closely so I was green with envy for the first half of the season.........because he'd have been a great fit with Josh Allen............but on perhaps 2/3 of the teams in the league he might struggle just to get snaps because he's a tiny deep threat.   You'll go broke with him as a top 2 WR in an offense like the Rams, IMO.   Just too many incompletions and not sure he could stand up to the constant punishment that guys like Bob Woods or Cooper Kupp receive.   So IMO $9M is a sweet chunk of change for that kinda' guy.

That said.......the reality of the contract is the guarantees and how they are loaded......... and they are very team favorable IMO and he could be cut next year and leave only around a $3M grease spot on the salary cap.

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What is hilarious about the chosen clip to mash up is that it's a short/under thrown ball to Brown :lol: 

Why not use a deep shot to Brown instead?

I'm just gonna roll with "it was a smart, well-placed back shoulder throw" that got caught up in the wind a bit.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/12/2019 at 12:42 PM, Rico said:

I thought he looked pretty good earlier in the year with Flacco myself before the bottom kinda fell out. 

Yup, I think Baltimore is going to regret putting all their eggs in LJ basket. Good for us though as they didn't seem to want Brown anymore.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, pop gun said:

Yup, I think Baltimore is going to regret putting all their eggs in LJ basket. Good for us though as they didn't seem to want Brown anymore.

...agree....don't see him as much more than "one read and then run".........painful to remember those posts advocating McBeane taking him at #12..........

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree....don't see him as much more than "one read and then run".........painful to remember those posts advocating McBeane taking him at #12..........

nah, he’s got some wiggle. More than Glass Goodwin, anyway. Plus, if he becomes just “one read and then run”, he’s pretty damn good at the second part of that for the AllenCanon. In theory and on paper, he & Foster will completely erase 8 in the box which benefits Shady, Gore, Beasley & Zay.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

nah, he’s got some wiggle. More than Glass Goodwin, anyway. Plus, if he becomes just “one read and then run”, he’s pretty damn good at the second part of that for the AllenCanon. In theory and on paper, he & Foster will completely erase 8 in the box which benefits Shady, Gore, Beasley & Zay.

I think AFLGuy was talking about Lamar Jackson, not John Brown, when he made the comment about "one read and run".

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think AFLGuy was talking about Lamar Jackson, not John Brown, when he made the comment about "one read and run".

...thanks bud and you're correct......:thumbsup:.....sure as hell hope Jackson is a lot smarter with the football than he sounds in pressers....makes Leodis sound like Winston Churchill.....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thanks bud and you're correct......:thumbsup:.....sure as hell hope Jackson is a lot smarter with the football than he sounds in pressers....makes Leodis sound like Winston Churchill.....

I'm dumbfounded by Harbaugh's decision.  I think the success Jackson and the Ravens had last year was similar to when the Wildcat first came out -- for a while it was successful and then teams figured it out.  The Chargers certainly figured it out by the time the playoffs rolled around.  Jackson does not come across as a smart guy -- that doesn't mean he lacks football intelligence, but I just don't see this ending well for Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, eball said:

I'm dumbfounded by Harbaugh's decision.  I think the success Jackson and the Ravens had last year was similar to when the Wildcat first came out -- for a while it was successful and then teams figured it out.  The Chargers certainly figured it out by the time the playoffs rolled around.  Jackson does not come across as a smart guy -- that doesn't mean he lacks football intelligence, but I just don't see this ending well for Baltimore.

...EXACTLY....you have NAILED it and I agree 126%........Harbaugh timed his extension just right......putting his "eggs in Jackson's basket"??.....I'd bet they turn out HARD BOILED (TURRIBLE joke OLDIE....spare these folks and go back to Aruba).............

48 minutes ago, eball said:

agreed.... chargers were the first team that got to see them a 2nd time. we saw how that worked out.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, Doc said:

Beasley should be able to feast in this offense with Brown and Foster backing CBs and Ss off. 

Sum of the pieces perhaps?
Great pickups and very different players.
 should challenge Allen to better see the whole field. Bills can play both under or over the secondary (safeties) in theory

Anybody who doesn't think that Josh getting 90% of the snaps and coaching attention during TC and the PS won't have major benefits is looney.

Ditto for those who thing the attention given to the Line and receivers in this FA OS period won't have a positive influence on his development and that of the entire Offense are kidding themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1