WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm in this late, but that sounds amazing. 

Now Sidney, was she hot? But seriously the other stuff sounds crazy.

Pretty cool memory, Alcindor was an absolute giant and he would rebound and  then hand to me to feed Oscar Robertson for the shot ? I used to go early with my brother the usher and get autographs and meet the players. The Sabres games my brother was the usher for Knox' section in the golds. He had an extra seat for his phone. I had a bunch of pucks from chasing them in the hallway and I would get them autographed along with my hockey sticks. I played right wing and wore Roberts number so he gave me a stick and the French Connection autographed it. My buddy's dad was the penalty box guy and got all the broken sticks, he would give me some that weren't that broken and I would get them autographed. Good memories roaming around the old Aud.

Edited by Turk71
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

That is why I hate the moves.  I would rather have a stud than several mediocre players.  

I would rather have a Benz than a Mazda but ya know, I have a Mazda, so I deal, instead of pining for the thing I can’t have or hating the thing I do. 

59 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Is it just me or does brown look slower on game film than what his 40 time indicates

Are you suggesting that 40 time doesn’t directly correlate to in-game success and failure? 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

My family split season tix with somebody in those days. I LOVED the NBA back then. Now,  I don’t watch much until the Finals. Those Braves teams were awesome!  No need to name the rosters for you, but Bob Kauffman lived behind us and my sister used to babysit for them. He was a GREAT guy, great wife and have great memories and stories from those days. 

That is awesome. The old Braves were really exciting. I don't watch too much pro ball either till the end. My sister went to Buff State and was a big Randy Smith fan. 

4 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I hate this and the beasley move. next year is a LOADED WR FA CLASS. now we will be out bid by other teams oh guys who can actually provide a great future for us for 2 guys average at best. beasley has had one mediocre season same with brown, instead of waiting one more year we over paid on 2 average guys.

we also couldve gotten jared cook from the raiders a pro bowler and not an injury prone bum who hasnt proved anything his entire time with the  bengals. cook wouldve been a better grab

Cole Beasley has more career receptions than all but three Bills receivers, ever. ALSO, these players have to WANT to be here. Let’s stop deluding ourselves and acknowledge that Buffalo is not necessarily a desirable locale for young, affluent millionaires...despite it’s charms and our undying love for it.

45 minutes ago, Augie said:

My family split season tix with somebody in those days. I LOVED the NBA back then. Now,  I don’t watch much until the Finals. Those Braves teams were awesome!  No need to name the rosters for you, but Bob Kauffman lived behind us and my sister used to babysit for them. He was a GREAT guy, great wife and have great memories and stories from those days. 

Just realized something embarrassing, it was Lucius Allen and not Sidney Wicks on that Buck team. Got the UCLA stars confused. Hard to believe that was around 47 years ago.

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

***** stole our Braves, I got to rebound for Lew Alcindor (Kareem), Lucius Allen and Oscar Robertson at halftime of a game with the Bucks. I was at the game early with my brother who was an usher at the Aud. I was asked to be the official JC Penney Jr. Buffalo Brave ballboy for the night, cause I was wearing my Penneys Jr Brave sweatshirt. I actually got to sit under the basket on the back of the padded base with a guy who worked for the Aud. Lucius Allen came piling into us on a fast break. I was probably around 10 or 11.  No way they would let a kid sit there these days.

Starting lineup in 1977:  Ernie D, Randy Smith, Adrian Dantley, John Schumate, Bob McAdoo.  Yeah, that happened.  In Buffalo.  We also had Moses Malone for like a day.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Starting lineup in 1977:  Ernie D, Randy Smith, Adrian Dantley, John Schumate, Bob McAdoo.  Yeah, that happened.  In Buffalo.  We also had Moses Malone for like a day.

Ernie No D ?

17 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I know you're doing you're best to rocket up the troll standings today, but in the meantime we have actual football to discuss, of which our FO clearly knows more than the level of insight being brought to the table in your offerings. Try again. 

17 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Unfortunately, so does the joke of your trolling what is clearly a decent FA period for the Bills right now.

how can a guy Troll for 10 years and still be active?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Virgil said:

Eh.  Couldn’t get it done in Baltimore and they were quick to move on. And that’s with Flacco,  not Jackson.  

I just don’t see the need with who we already have. 

600 yds and 4 TD's through Week 9 with Flacco throwing him the ball. Was probably on track for 1000 yds and 8 TDs on the year if Flacco wasnt benched. Horrible

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I like John Brown.........overpaid by $1M-$2M per year but it's conceivable he could be worth it because he's a game breaker.

It looks like they would be stuck with about $6.2M in dead money next year if it didn't pan out and they decided to cut him.

based on what? 

8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Just realized something embarrassing, it was Lucius Allen and not Sidney Wicks on that Buck team. Got the UCLA stars confused. Hard to believe that was around 47 years ago.

Yes, indeed. Wow......

3 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

600 yds and 4 TD's through Week 9 with Flacco throwing him the ball. Was probably on track for 1000 yds and 8 TDs on the year if Flacco wasnt benched. Horrible

Quoted for truth. I’ve been pushing this since the signing. He was on pace for a very very good year with a QB that actually throws and isn’t a glorified RB. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, nucci said:

based on what? 

My opinion of what a 3 year deal for a guy at his age who has averaged 500 receiving yards per season the past 3 years should be worth?    

I like John Brown a lot.   I will like it better if there is a bigger, better replacement for him in two years.   And signing him gives the Bills a chance to pull the trigger on a WR in this draft when it makes sense rather than reaching.   Sensible pickup.   Not every good strategic move is a bargain.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My opinion of what a 3 year deal for a guy at his age who has averaged 500 receiving yards per season the past 3 years should be worth?    

I like John Brown a lot.   I will like it better if there is a bigger, better replacement for him in two years.   And signing him gives the Bills a chance to pull the trigger on a WR in this draft when it makes sense rather than reaching.   Sensible pickup.   Not every good strategic move is a bargain.

pointless hypothetical here..... say the ravens ride flacco to their death last year and brown keeps up his 1100 yd pace or even regress a bit and jussssstt cracks 1000.

did we overpay then? and are your views different on him then?...… do you think he can be that 1000 yd guy he was on the way to being before Jackson came in a they took their time machine back to the 1950's?

I get that 1000 isn't what it used to be but its still solid. doesn't mean we aren't still looking for a top end #1.