WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills

1 minute ago, Buffalo86 said:

Hahaha, excactly.  Brown won't play in Buffalo & McBeane will never forgive him for spurning the Bills last year.  IMO, John Brown was the best FA WR.  Signing him without drastically overpaying was the icing on the cake.  A+

To play Devil's advocate, the deal he signed is SUBSTANTIALLY better than the one they offered in 2018. Not quite sure that he improved his stock all that much in 2018.

That being said, if he balls, I really don't much care about the contract.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

To play Devil's advocate, the deal he signed is SUBSTANTIALLY better than the one they offered in 2018. Not quite sure that he improved his stock all that much in 2018.

That being said, if he balls, I really don't much care about the contract.

Surely, but it's not an exorbitant amount for a WR.  Brown was on track for 1000+ yards & ~8 TDs before Lamar Jackson entered the picture, ruining his season.  I think the biggest thing he did was stay healthy for the season.  If that continues, I expect him to outperform his contract, though it might not completely show in the box score.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I hate this and the beasley move. next year is a LOADED WR FA CLASS. now we will be out bid by other teams oh guys who can actually provide a great future for us for 2 guys average at best. beasley has had one mediocre season same with brown, instead of waiting one more year we over paid on 2 average guys.

we also couldve gotten jared cook from the raiders a pro bowler and not an injury prone bum who hasnt proved anything his entire time with the  bengals. cook wouldve been a better grab

Yeah, we should have stayed pat and signed no WR’s because of next year.

Good strategy ya have there, fella.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

are we broke yet? 

if not

all good

and nothing prohibits Bills from drafting BPA any longer. 

very cools to cover the bases in FA

38 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I didnt say that. we shouldve signed some but not for that kind of money. now next year we will get out bid on any of the good ones. there were other guys like williams and tate etc or even lesser guys we couldve gotten for cheaper. instead we highly over paid for 2 average guys and have no chance at getting the pro bowl level guys who are coming next year. even brown hasnt even really had a great season basley had one abover average one, we over paid by a LONG SHOT. instead we couldve added some stars on defense,

or at least give that money to Cook who is a pro bowler, not the injury prone TE we got whose never proved anything and we gave 6 mill a year...

Pleasing to share with us the list of pro bowl receivers who will be available for the Bills to sign next year. Would love to come back and chuckle at this one. 

We will even spot you the ridiculous notion that the Bills would somehow magically be entitled to sign any of these white whales. 

42 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I didnt say that. we shouldve signed some but not for that kind of money. now next year we will get out bid on any of the good ones. there were other guys like williams and tate etc or even lesser guys we couldve gotten for cheaper. instead we highly over paid for 2 average guys and have no chance at getting the pro bowl level guys who are coming next year. even brown hasnt even really had a great season basley had one abover average one, we over paid by a LONG SHOT. instead we couldve added some stars on defense,

or at least give that money to Cook who is a pro bowler, not the injury prone TE we got whose never proved anything and we gave 6 mill a year...

The contracts are all wisely front loaded. Whatever you think of the moves, they would still be able to sign a top tier FA WR next year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Instead of throw back jerseys, can we have throw back balls? The old white ball with black stripes the old AFL Raiders used to chuck way downfield all day! 

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If his middle name starts with a "Y", HE'S DEAD TO ME!

***** stole our Braves, I got to rebound for Lew Alcindor (Kareem), Lucius Allen and Oscar Robertson at halftime of a game with the Bucks. I was at the game early with my brother who was an usher at the Aud. I was asked to be the official JC Penney Jr. Buffalo Brave ballboy for the night, cause I was wearing my Penneys Jr Brave sweatshirt. I actually got to sit under the basket on the back of the padded base with a guy who worked for the Aud. Lucius Allen came piling into us on a fast break. I was probably around 10 or 11.  No way they would let a kid sit there these days.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I like John Brown.........overpaid by $1M-$2M per year but it's conceivable he could be worth it because he's a game breaker.

It looks like they would be stuck with about $6.2M in dead money next year if it didn't pan out and they decided to cut him.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I like John Brown.........overpaid by $1M-$2M per year but it's conceivable he could be worth it because he's a game breaker.

It looks like they would be stuck with about $6.2M in dead money next year if it didn't pan out and they decided to cut him.

Over The Cap has it at $3.2M

https://overthecap.com/player/john-brown/3030/

49 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

***** stole our Braves, I got to rebound for Lew Alcindor (Kareem), Sidney Wicks and Oscar Robertson at halftime of a game with the Bucks. I was at the game early with my brother who was an usher at the Aud. I was asked to be the official JC Penney Jr. Buffalo Brave ballboy for the night, cause I was wearing my Penneys Jr Brave sweatshirt. I actually got to sit under the basket on the back of the padded base with a guy who worked for the Aud. Sidney Wicks came piling into us on a fast break. I was probably around 10 or 11.  No way they would let a kid sit there these days.

I'm in this late, but that sounds amazing. 

Now Sidney, was she hot? But seriously the other stuff sounds crazy.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

***** stole our Braves, I got to rebound for Lew Alcindor (Kareem), Sidney Wicks and Oscar Robertson at halftime of a game with the Bucks. I was at the game early with my brother who was an usher at the Aud. I was asked to be the official JC Penney Jr. Buffalo Brave ballboy for the night, cause I was wearing my Penneys Jr Brave sweatshirt. I actually got to sit under the basket on the back of the padded base with a guy who worked for the Aud. Sidney Wicks came piling into us on a fast break. I was probably around 10 or 11.  No way they would let a kid sit there these days.

My family split season tix with somebody in those days. I LOVED the NBA back then. Now,  I don’t watch much until the Finals. Those Braves teams were awesome!  No need to name the rosters for you, but Bob Kauffman lived behind us and my sister used to babysit for them. He was a GREAT guy, great wife and have great memories and stories from those days. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1