WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know but there is a pattern with him.  He basically is the fantasy guy no one drafts, then he has a couple monster weeks, gets picked up, and then eventually gets dropped.  He was with Palmer and was pretty inconsistent.

its an overpay but he does have talent and I’d rather have more weapons than less.  

I'd add that deep threats are by nature inconsistent. One week they have 4 catches for 147 yards and 2 TDs, and the next they have 1 catch for 11 yards. It balances out into a 1000 yard season and ypc of 17 or so. But on their big days, they can win games for you -- which is something that a player like Zay Jones simply cannot do ever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, liverpoolkev said:

Boy I wish we had anoher GM

I know you're doing you're best to rocket up the troll standings today, but in the meantime we have actual football to discuss, of which our FO clearly knows more than the level of insight being brought to the table in your offerings. Try again. 

• Like (+1) 1

someone else totally stole my thunder (and i reported the post because i will not stand for that at the break of free agency!) but two over the top guys and two underneath guys means we can run all those crazy formations and routes that dabol wants too.

josh allen obviously has to improve his d reading and such, but our O should give him a lot more opportunity to play hero ball and roast Dbs w his arm and LBs with his legs.

Moderately interesting: as Carolina DC, McDermott faced John Brown two years in a row in the playoffs. In 2014, he had 4 catches (on 5 targets) for 34 yards in a loss to Carolina. In the 2015 NFC championship game vs. Carolina, Carson Palmer targeted Brown 8 times. He had 2 receptions for 23 yards. 

Anyway, you know that McDermott is going to be very familiar with his game given the intensity of the coaching that goes into playoff games. 

In a 2016 regular season game v. Carolina, Brown had 4 catches on 4 targets for 49 yards and a TD. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

That is misleading. The stomped TN, 21-0, in game 6, and the game was basically over at halftime. No need to go deep in that game after midway through the second quarter. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowJo02/gamelog/2018/

It was 14-0 at half and Flacco still threw it almost 40 times.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he averages 646 yards per season.

but again, he has talent. But it’s an overpay.  

Just so we're clear: you're basing your evaluation of Brown by taking an average of yards/season over his career...regardless of how many targets he got? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Just so we're clear: you're basing your evaluation of Brown by taking an average of yards/season over his career...regardless of how many targets he got? 

I think he is a very inconsistent receiver . Talented for sure but he is on his 3rd team in 5 years.  

Again, I’d rather have more weapons than less so I’m fine with it. Even if it’s an overpay :) 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Starting to wonder if they are going to use the draft to get their RT at 9.

Josh will need some time to throw the ball don't cha know, So yeah I certainly hope AT LEAST two OL are drafted. Also, hope they don't wait until the 5th round to start thinking about the most important position group on a team.