WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills

Foster and Brown on the outside running deep routes, opening up the underneath area for Zay Jones and Cole Beasley out of the slot.

Add a big-bodied tight end to the mix and this offense is in business.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I don't love this one. But I understand the process and the idea that all of this speed on the field kills. I think this is an overpay for a guy who is similar in skill and age to Deonte Thompson. He's been more productive, but I don't love this one. But with Josh Allen's skillset, as many have said, it makes a lot of sense. I want to wait on guarantees and such before I judge it fully. The fact that he turned us down last year annoys me a bit. 

It's a fair comparison, but imo Brown is faster than Thompson and has better hands. Thompson plays stronger and is more polished on routes, but overall Brown is the superior player for me.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic

This should stop any discussion of Buffalo drafting Marquis Brown.  At this point they have enough speed, and more than enough small receivers.  I wouldn't rule out drafting a receiver, but I expect it would be a big guy, just not early.  I think DK Metcalf is probably out of the picture,  unless Beane also signs good offensive and defensive tackles.

• SDS changed the title to WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills
2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's a fair comparison, but imo Brown is faster than Thompson and has better hands. Thompson plays stronger and is more polished on routes, but overall Brown is the superior player for me.

Brown had 700 yards receiving in the no-pass Ravens offense. 

24 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Deep threat. Had a good connection with Flacco - but nothing with Lamar Jackson I guess. Overall 3 yr 27 mill looks decent.

reason why he spurned the Bills last year:

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/46890/john-browns-connection-with-joe-flacco-involves-late-brother

Maybe we should bring back Tyrod? lol