WR John Brown (Ravens) to the Bills

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Then why are they letting him go and why is he taking 9 mil when players like Funchess are getting more?

His production trailed off with Flacco. The fans, local radio, all talked about him fizzling. Nothing to do with Jackson. 

And I’m on my phone. Is that a key pad?

Funchess is an outside WR and John Brown is a slot WR, the way i see a WR is as good as his QB, did John brown fizzle or Flacco? My guess is Flacco since he was a healthy bench for a rookie QB imo.

11 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Brown says Allen > Jackson. Wants to get the ball.

He probably also figured Daboll > Roman. Everyone knows Roman can design run plays like nobody's business but one of his shortcomings is his passing attack. He employs very elementary routes and concepts that aren't very difficult to defend. I can't think of one team Roman has coached that's had a WR go for 1000 yards in a season. He runs the ball, runs it again and then runs it some more. Usually ranks dead last in passing attempts wherever he goes. Brown recognized this and also sees that they have a QB who Roman will more than likely design run plays for. He sees Buffalo utilizing a downfield passing attack led by Captain Laserbeam and says, yeah I should've signed here last year, better late than never.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If it’s Flacco, so be it.  I don’t have an opinion on him besides he’s short.  I was more pointing out that it wasn’t because of Jackson that his numbers fell off

I agree, the team was heading south before Flacco got hurt.

18 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

You know......the abolitionist who lead a raid on Harper's Ferry.

Image result for john brown harpers ferry picture

Cue the high school marching bands for halftime...the ‘John Brown’ song is the same tune as ‘The Battle Hymn of The Republic’.  It also dovetails nicely with a kazoo giveaway at a home game.

78,000 member kazoo band NEF train horn?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And IMHO this is the BEST signing to date for the Bills.  Yep will make more of an impact to Allen than Morse will (there I said it) and I do like the Morse Signing too

I love this signing. Really wanted the Bills to get him last year.

More Speed! Keep 'em coming Beane!

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Eh.  Couldn’t get it done in Baltimore and they were quick to move on. And that’s with Flacco,  not Jackson.  

I just don’t see the need with who we already have. 

WHO do we already have????

20 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

THIS IS a fantastic signing.  Him and Foster are going to go nuts. 

Yup.    He's a lot like Goodwin but hopefully a little more durable.   Has had his share of injuries but also knocked out a 1000 yard season with Zona.

The guy can play for sure, I picked him up in fantasy last year and watched him for a few games.  Isn't just a go route guy, had a great hitch thing going with Flacco.    If you're playing a cover 2 defense and you put him and foster opposite watch the seams open down the middle.    CB's can't run with either one of these dudes.

Even though he's little, to me he's very impressive at contested catches, which Goody never was.  He'll love Josh's ball , Flacco throws a rocket when he needs to.

Yeah I don't love this one. But I understand the process and the idea that all of this speed on the field kills. I think this is an overpay for a guy who is similar in skill and age to Deonte Thompson. He's been more productive, but I don't love this one. But with Josh Allen's skillset, as many have said, it makes a lot of sense. I want to wait on guarantees and such before I judge it fully. The fact that he turned us down last year annoys me a bit. 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

We aren't that type of offense that will feed 1 player. This will help Allen develop. Hopefully 1 day he'll become that QB.

Are Brown and Beasely much better than Foster and Jones.  I actually believe that Foster and Jones have more upside than the 2 guys we just spent a boat load of money for.  Allen would really benefit from a #1 who opens get open and helps the 2nd and 3rd WR run free.