Jump to content
FluffHead

Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7934035

 

 

Dude who is complaining about "old joke" subject matter on TSW..........references a character from a movie that came out like 80 years ago.:thumbsup:

  • Meh 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Dude who is complaining about "old joke" subject matter on TSW..........references a character from a movie that came out like 80 years ago.:thumbsup:

touchy are we, LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills probably laid out their offer, and he still wants to shop himself around.  I'm not butthurt if he doesn't sign with us.  I feel like Buffalo would have to give him a lot here and he's been injury prone most of his career, with inconsistencies to boot.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fine with it either way if he signs here or not.

 

I am sure McBeane has more than a "Ziggy plan" to get one more DE on the roster.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

touchy are we, LOL

 

 

If you didn't know that was Jiminy's big shoe you might think he was though.   NSFW man.   Keep your references in the past half century.:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably over guaranteed money. A lot of Beane's contracts are basically 1-2 year deals when you factor in the guarantees. Ansah is probably looking for a bigger payday since this may be his last chance to lock up a larger amount. In the end I don't expect NO's offer to be better, but their team is probably expected to accomplish bigger things this year. We'll see what he does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure he checked out physically. Beane was either playing really coy about interest or we passed for whatever reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Lorax moves to DE permanently. Him and Hughes were the only edge defenders in the top 10 on the same team per pff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Doesn't sound like he's going to be signing in Buffalo based on Beane's comments.

Which comments were those?

46 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Bills probably laid out their offer, and he still wants to shop himself around.  I'm not butthurt if he doesn't sign with us.  I feel like Buffalo would have to give him a lot here and he's been injury prone most of his career, with inconsistencies to boot.

All true, but when healthy he is a good pass rusher and they really need someone opposite Hughes. 

 

Dont think you can rely on Murphy/Lawson, just not enough from those two and this defense really needs a more consistent pass rush. It wasn't there way too often last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ansah is a good player.  At this point is he an impact player?  I dont believe he is. They are legitimately a premier pass rusher away from the best d in the NFL.  I think Buffalo should look at moving 40.  Clowney, Clark, and Lawerance are all entrenched in ugly tags.  They would have to work out a contract but they have the room these teams do not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Beane on Bills live, it sure sounds like Ansah still isn't healthy and the Bills weren't thrilled with his progress. He's not coming out and saying it but dropping those subtleties. I think this one isn't happening unless the money comes significantly down.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Listening to Beane on Bills live, it sure sounds like Ansah still isn't healthy and the Bills weren't thrilled with his progress. He's not coming out and saying it but dropping those subtleties. I think this one isn't happening unless the money comes significantly down.

I was just going to drop in and say this! good job!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Justin Houston?  It would be nice to sign a DE before draft- to give us more flexibility.  Could Suh be a fit?  Our D needs to stop the run and attack QB's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pete said:

What about Justin Houston?  It would be nice to sign a DE before draft- to give us more flexibility.  Could Suh be a fit?  Our D needs to stop the run and attack QB's. 

Beane said the focus is mostly on the draft, but if the phone rings or an unexpected cut happens they will be on it if it fits and makes sense. He said nothing marquee is imminent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Ansah is a good player.  At this point is he an impact player?  I dont believe he is. They are legitimately a premier pass rusher away from the best d in the NFL.  I think Buffalo should look at moving 40.  Clowney, Clark, and Lawerance are all entrenched in ugly tags.  They would have to work out a contract but they have the room these teams do not.  

Lawrence is the best fit and probably the best defensive end in the game no way Jerry let's him go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

usa_today_11221613.0.jpg

 

Former Detroit Lions pass rusher Ezekiel Ansah, often referred to by his nickname “Ziggy”, met with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday, general manager Brandon Beane confirmed. No one has heard anything since then.

 

“Yeah, we visited with Ziggy,” said Beane at Thursday afternoon’s press conference. “Great young man. Did all that stuff. He’ll continue on that. Nothing to do, but enjoyed visiting with Ziggy.”

 

That doesn’t exactly sound like a signing is imminent.

According to Larry Holder of The Athletic, Ansah was scheduled to fly into New Orleans last night to meet with the Saints. He continued that with a tweet on Friday:

 

“I reported yesterday Ansah was on his way to New Orleans. So that’s happening right now,” tweeted Holder at 9:38 Eastern Friday morning.

 

2019 NFL free agency: Ziggy Ansah believed to be meeting with New Orleans Saints Friday

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Bills probably laid out their offer, and he still wants to shop himself around.  I'm not butthurt if he doesn't sign with us.  I feel like Buffalo would have to give him a lot here and he's been injury prone most of his career, with inconsistencies to boot.

For some reason I'm not as concerned with his injuries as I am simply for the cost/benefit analysis for what he'd likely sign for. If Beane laid out a "judicious" offer and is okay if Ansah ends up taking it as the best offer at the end of the day, or goes elsewhere, I'm thrilled with that. 

 

Selfishly, I'm still hoping for a marquee trade with our remaining cap whether it be for a WR or DL. Tangentially, watching how much a lot of these players are getting [over]paid this year, I'd really like to use our considerable cap situation this year and next to either extend or re-sign some of our younger as well as foundation guys before Josh is up. Inflation is going to be crazy in the next few years under the cap, depending on the upcoming CBA too.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, H2o said:

It's probably over guaranteed money. A lot of Beane's contracts are basically 1-2 year deals when you factor in the guarantees. Ansah is probably looking for a bigger payday since this may be his last chance to lock up a larger amount. In the end I don't expect NO's offer to be better, but their team is probably expected to accomplish bigger things this year. We'll see what he does. 

 

 

...somebody here posted a McBeane quote awhile back...to paraphrase, "we place a value on a player and that's it".......TRANSLATION: "take it or leave it...no harm no foul"......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×