Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

That's the way I heard it.  

He didn't say anything like "we will continue to be in touch with his agent."

Correct. “that’s really the end of it..” told me everything I wanted to know. Beane is ‘a little more’ revealing than McDermott. It’s subtle but present. Just listen.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO,

Would not be surprised if his career is over. Buffalo has the cap but obviously no great offer was made. Same happened in N.O.

My guess is the shoulder injury is risky and both teams are balking at guaranteed money and length of deal

I dont think the comments or lack of an offer end interest in him, I think they are holding off making an offer and signing anything more then a league minimum one year deal with incentives or options until he can be signed off medically. They could circle back around to him closer to camp or the season if hes available and closer to 100%. I think all this says is that right now he still hasnt recovered from the injury.

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont think the comments or lack of an offer end interest in him, I think they are holding off making an offer and signing anything more then a league minimum one year deal with incentives or options until he can be signed off medically. They could circle back around to him closer to camp or the season if hes available and closer to 100%. I think all this says is that right now he still hasnt recovered from the injury.

In my opinion, this might not really be the case. It's football, signing a guy coming off an injury/surgery is very common (Bills just did it last year with Trent), so I'm sure the doctors have modified their physicals to a guy healing from a surgery, to take into consideration his progress healing/rehabbing, and the management would take their calculated risk of signing the guy who may be on the road to being healthy, vs leaving a guy on the market to be signed by someone else. The feeling I get by Ansah's situation is that both teams don't like the progress he is making healing from surgery, or Ansah wants "I'm healthy right now" money vs a "damaged goods" discount contract value. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

In my opinion, this might not really be the case. It's football, signing a guy coming off an injury/surgery is very common (Bills just did it last year with Trent), so I'm sure the doctors have modified their physicals to a guy healing from a surgery, to take into consideration his progress healing/rehabbing, and the management would take their calculated risk of signing the guy who may be on the road to being healthy, vs leaving a guy on the market to be signed by someone else. The feeling I get by Ansah's situation is that both teams don't like the progress he is making healing from surgery, or Ansah wants "I'm healthy right now" money vs a "damaged goods" discount contract value. 

Based on the fact neither the Bills or Saints (saw some comments on Twitter from beat reporters) seemed really hot for him following their visits with him I believe it's the second thing you mentioned. If I had to guess, he's looking for closer to market value if he were 100% healthy where the teams are more interested in a "discounted" deal with maybe some incentives based on production if he can get to 100% in time for the season