Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

In his interview with John Murphy, Beane sounded to me like he is done with Ziggy.  Didn't say It exactly, but his tone and how he said things sounded like the Bills have decided they aren't interested.  Ziggy's price will have to come down.  

I've not heard the interview, but I did see his comments at the PC after the signings. I think you're right, and it is why I said earlier, that it wouldn't surprise me if we signed him eventually, for decent money. Decent money being towards, but below, $10 million per, probably around $8 million per.

I think that's the price point they are interested at, assuming the shoulder checks out ok, and I suspect Ansah was wanting north of $10 million per. I'd also say that that is the top end of what he will get, eventually ($8million per) as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in him atm, likely based off of money demands being known, but also possibly because he couldn't currently pass a physical (guess).

Earlier in the thread, someone quoted me and wondered how I knew the shoulder was ok. I absolutely do not. Please read my earlier post again, it simply doesn't say that, at all.

31 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I've not heard the interview, but I did see his comments at the PC after the signings. I think you're right, and it is why I said earlier, that it wouldn't surprise me if we signed him eventually, for decent money. Decent money being towards, but below, $10 million per, probably around $8 million per.

I think that's the price point they are interested at, assuming the shoulder checks out ok, and I suspect Ansah was wanting north of $10 million per. I'd also say that that is the top end of what he will get, eventually ($8million per) as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in him atm, likely based off of money demands being known, but also possibly because he couldn't currently pass a physical (guess).

Earlier in the thread, someone quoted me and wondered how I knew the shoulder was ok. I absolutely do not. Please read my earlier post again, it simply doesn't say that, at all.

Based on the way it’s playing out, I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs somewhere for a little over $5 mil

35 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Based on the way it’s playing out, I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs somewhere for a little over $5 mil

I would be shocked if it came under $10m a year.   His production and athleticism warrants around $12-14m a year.  If it weren't for his shoulder he would easily get that.

People are predicting his worth with AAV which is likely insignificant in this situation. Ansah wants what every 30yr old FA with an injury wants -- term. He wants a contract that will keep him in one place for 5+ years with GTD money.

The Bills (and every other team) want to give him a front-loaded contract that they can walk away from after 2 years if things go south (i.e. the type of contract where AAV truly means nothing). Signing him to a contract that says he makes $50M over 5 yrs doesn't mean squat if a team can cut bait on him after 1 yr.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I see a bunch of raiders fans on Twitter talking about Ansah possibly signing there,  but can’t find a report of him visiting 

Raiders trying to buy a championship, which never works out.

Wish we had something to trade to 3 first round picks though.

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

In his interview with John Murphy, Beane sounded to me like he is done with Ziggy.  Didn't say It exactly, but his tone and how he said things sounded like the Bills have decided they aren't interested.  Ziggy's price will have to come down.  

Yeah he said something like "He was a good young man and I enjoyed meeting with him. He will continue to have visits with other teams and thats really the end of it"

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...who cares if Zig zagged?...we're certainly not in cap strapped desperation to sign wounded ducks like Murphy or "Halftime" Davis nor to be fleeced by the likes of "Pitstop" Coleman......we'll be just fine...

I don’t think Ziggy is a big get anyways, the Bills needs sacks. Looking at his recent totals he doesn’t bring that as he once did. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I mean he have 12 sacks two years ago

And two the year before in 13 games. His actual age is an unknown and at this stage in his career he seems to be a guy who only gets numbers when he is 100 percent healthy. How often are players that lucky? This guy’s arrow is pointed down. 

Edited by CommonCents

34 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

And two the year before in 13 games. His actual age is an unknown and at this stage in his career he seems to be a guy who only gets numbers when he is 100 percent healthy. How often are players that lucky? This guy’s arrow is pointed down. 

He has a lot left in his tank for a 52 year old

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, CommonCents said:

And had 14.5 sacks the year before that, inconsistent sure but one a cheap deal worth it

17 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah he said something like "He was a good young man and I enjoyed meeting with him. He will continue to have visits with other teams and thats really the end of it"

That's the way I heard it.  

He didn't say anything like "we will continue to be in touch with his agent."