Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

17 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Bills probably laid out their offer, and he still wants to shop himself around.  I'm not butthurt if he doesn't sign with us.  I feel like Buffalo would have to give him a lot here and he's been injury prone most of his career, with inconsistencies to boot.

For some reason I'm not as concerned with his injuries as I am simply for the cost/benefit analysis for what he'd likely sign for. If Beane laid out a "judicious" offer and is okay if Ansah ends up taking it as the best offer at the end of the day, or goes elsewhere, I'm thrilled with that. 

Selfishly, I'm still hoping for a marquee trade with our remaining cap whether it be for a WR or DL. Tangentially, watching how much a lot of these players are getting [over]paid this year, I'd really like to use our considerable cap situation this year and next to either extend or re-sign some of our younger as well as foundation guys before Josh is up. Inflation is going to be crazy in the next few years under the cap, depending on the upcoming CBA too.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, H2o said:

It's probably over guaranteed money. A lot of Beane's contracts are basically 1-2 year deals when you factor in the guarantees. Ansah is probably looking for a bigger payday since this may be his last chance to lock up a larger amount. In the end I don't expect NO's offer to be better, but their team is probably expected to accomplish bigger things this year. We'll see what he does. 

...somebody here posted a McBeane quote awhile back...to paraphrase, "we place a value on a player and that's it".......TRANSLATION: "take it or leave it...no harm no foul"......

The New Orleans Saints excited many fans when it was reported that they hosted Ezekiel “Ziggy” Ansah on a free agent visit.

Ansah was an accomplished pass rusher and former first round draft pick for the Detroit Lions, and the Saints were just the second team to get a meeting with him once free agency began.

But a report from Josh Katzenstein of the Times-Picayune suggests fans should temper hopes of a quick signing.

Injury concerns in play for Saints, Ziggy Ansah

strike two. where does he go?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

12 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we eventually snag him. Shoulder has to be proven ok, but if it pans out ok, it might be a 2 or 3 year deal for decent $

how do you know shoulder checks out?

i would be pleased Bills found a way.
some one will have to go though.              Murphy or Lawson in trade i suspect ?

14 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we eventually snag him. Shoulder has to be proven ok, but if it pans out ok, it might be a 2 or 3 year deal for decent $

He might be able to be had for a 1 year deal now but I bet Beane prefers 2 years since we currently have no pass rushers signed past this season 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I think at this stage of free agency most players aren't getting a multi year deal esp a player with injury issues. I think he gets a one year deal but how much is that deal worth is the question? I think he gets between 6-8 million but I could see it a little higher or lower. I would be pleased to see the Bills land him, low risk high reward. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

how do you know shoulder checks out?

i would be pleased Bills found a way.
some one will have to go though.              Murphy or Lawson in trade i suspect ?

I don't see why they would need a DE to go necessarily. They can carry Hughes, Ziggy, Murphy, and Lawson. Lorax plays linebacker and flexes into a pass rushing situations so I don't count him as a D-line player. 

Overall I think that the Bills are following the modern blueprint for defensive lines have a lot of subs and fresh legs rotating in and out as opposed to leaning heavily on a handful of star pass rushers. So I don't think Ziggy necessarily pushes someone out. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think at this stage of free agency most players aren't getting a multi year deal esp a player with injury issues. I think he gets a one year deal but how much is that deal worth is the question? I think he gets between 6-8 million but I could see it a little higher or lower. I would be pleased to see the Bills land him, low risk high reward. 

I don't see why they would need a DE to go necessarily. They can carry Hughes, Ziggy, Murphy, and Lawson. Lorax plays linebacker and flexes into a pass rushing situations so I don't count him as a D-line player. 

Overall I think that the Bills are following the modern blueprint for defensive lines have a lot of subs and fresh legs rotating in and out as opposed to leaning heavily on a handful of star pass rushers. So I don't think Ziggy necessarily pushes someone out. 

Lawson being on rookie contract seems easy to carry as run down in  rotation. Murphy gets tricky. is he ever going to be fully healthy. and on that contract ?
Still need to draft one as well.

Lorax remains such nice wildcard for Bills +1

In his interview with John Murphy, Beane sounded to me like he is done with Ziggy.  Didn't say It exactly, but his tone and how he said things sounded like the Bills have decided they aren't interested.  Ziggy's price will have to come down.  

• Like (+1) 2