Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

It's probably over guaranteed money. A lot of Beane's contracts are basically 1-2 year deals when you factor in the guarantees. Ansah is probably looking for a bigger payday since this may be his last chance to lock up a larger amount. In the end I don't expect NO's offer to be better, but their team is probably expected to accomplish bigger things this year. We'll see what he does. 

Ansah is a good player.  At this point is he an impact player?  I dont believe he is. They are legitimately a premier pass rusher away from the best d in the NFL.  I think Buffalo should look at moving 40.  Clowney, Clark, and Lawerance are all entrenched in ugly tags.  They would have to work out a contract but they have the room these teams do not.  

Listening to Beane on Bills live, it sure sounds like Ansah still isn't healthy and the Bills weren't thrilled with his progress. He's not coming out and saying it but dropping those subtleties. I think this one isn't happening unless the money comes significantly down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Listening to Beane on Bills live, it sure sounds like Ansah still isn't healthy and the Bills weren't thrilled with his progress. He's not coming out and saying it but dropping those subtleties. I think this one isn't happening unless the money comes significantly down.

I was just going to drop in and say this! good job!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

What about Justin Houston?  It would be nice to sign a DE before draft- to give us more flexibility.  Could Suh be a fit?  Our D needs to stop the run and attack QB's. 

Beane said the focus is mostly on the draft, but if the phone rings or an unexpected cut happens they will be on it if it fits and makes sense. He said nothing marquee is imminent. 

13 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Ansah is a good player.  At this point is he an impact player?  I dont believe he is. They are legitimately a premier pass rusher away from the best d in the NFL.  I think Buffalo should look at moving 40.  Clowney, Clark, and Lawerance are all entrenched in ugly tags.  They would have to work out a contract but they have the room these teams do not.  

Lawrence is the best fit and probably the best defensive end in the game no way Jerry let's him go

usa_today_11221613.0.jpg

Former Detroit Lions pass rusher Ezekiel Ansah, often referred to by his nickname “Ziggy”, met with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday, general manager Brandon Beane confirmed. No one has heard anything since then.

“Yeah, we visited with Ziggy,” said Beane at Thursday afternoon’s press conference. “Great young man. Did all that stuff. He’ll continue on that. Nothing to do, but enjoyed visiting with Ziggy.”

That doesn’t exactly sound like a signing is imminent.

According to Larry Holder of The Athletic, Ansah was scheduled to fly into New Orleans last night to meet with the Saints. He continued that with a tweet on Friday:

“I reported yesterday Ansah was on his way to New Orleans. So that’s happening right now,” tweeted Holder at 9:38 Eastern Friday morning.

2019 NFL free agency: Ziggy Ansah believed to be meeting with New Orleans Saints Friday

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973