Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I think Solomon Thomas is a guy to keep an eye on.  Doesn't really fit the 49ers, probably could get him for a good value.

He'd be a tackle for us, not an end, right?  3 tech?  Probably will depend on if we go with Oliver or Wilkins at 9.  If not, and we go say O-line, I could see us making a move for Thomas.  I loved him coming out.

I thought Michael Sam was the only player who came out.?

I'm not saying the airport story it true or false but I can share a personal anecdote.    I've met dozens of Bills players over the years while travelling.   The rudest I've ever met was Bruce Smith.

It's also meaningless.     These guys have up and down days like everyone.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

I'm not saying the airport story it true but I can share a personal anecdote.    I've met dozens of Bills players over the years while travelling.   The rudest I've ever met was Bruce Smith.

Exactly, the guys from all reports took a West coast flight across the country to visit today. I get Bills fans are one of the best things about joining the Bills outside of the paycheck, but not everyone wants to be bombarded with excited fans when they first get into town or off a flight. I know I am agitated after long plane or car rides so even so I cant blame the guy.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Frez said:

Could the #Bills sign Ziggy Ansah as early as today? A report says he's in Orchard Park & BUF might try to get him to sign on the dotted line before he visits the #Saints:

If I'm Beane that's what I'd do. "Mr. Ansah, we really like you and we'd like you to sign today. If not we are going to call Mr. Clowney. Would you like some more blue cheese for those?" 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Juice_32 said:

If I'm Beane that's what I'd do. "Mr. Ansah, we really like you and we'd like you to sign today. If not we are going to call Mr. Clowney. Would you like some more blue cheese for those?" 

If he leaves the building he's signing with the Saints.

• Like (+1) 1

Yea, we have money and we have a top end defense for him to play on.  

We’re his first visit for a reason. 

If he signs, it will be done today.  If he leaves, I think we’re going another route. 

25 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

I'm not saying the airport story it true or false but I can share a personal anecdote.    I've met dozens of Bills players over the years while travelling.   The rudest I've ever met was Bruce Smith.

Not everyone is a people person and I think sometimes fans forget that. For every player that will sign a million autographs and drop everything, there's another who just really doesn't like socializing and would prefer not to be bothered (just like the rest of us.) I get it.

Per Chris Brown a few minutes ago, Ziggy is still visiting with the Bills but he has no word on whether Ansah will sign.He did confirm that he has not left so there appears to be mutual interest on both sides.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Exactly, the guys from all reports took a West coast flight across the country to visit today. I get Bills fans are one of the best things about joining the Bills outside of the paycheck, but not everyone wants to be bombarded with excited fans when they first get into town or off a flight. I know I am agitated after long plane or car rides so even so I cant blame the guy.

Flew commercial if fans have access.  Wonder if if he expected a private flight, hence the annoyance?

Also expect that he signs today, or is gone and gos elsewhere.  Got the $$$ to do it.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So to recap on this kid

Down year last year - hurt

12 sacks the year prior

2 years in the league so a young player?

Ziggy Ansah is 29 years old.

2013 - 8 sacks.

2014 - 7.5 sacks.

2015 - 14.5 sacks.

2016 - 2 sacks.

2017 - 12 sacks.

2018 - 4 sacks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I wouldn't expect him to sign until after he's met up with the Saints.

unless the shoulder checks out and Bills make a significant offer. Otherwise if its a prove it deal he'll try NO