Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

7 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Those were his words. It was one of those things where you just stood there waiting for a punchline. I have been a fan of his since BYU as well. Him and Kyle Van Noy. If we sign him fine. I meet so many people who are not what they seem, their personal lives dont matter at all. It's all about what you do on the field. 

Perhaps the fan was being rude or pushy?

I'm holding out hope for some sort of trade for a younger guy with some upside who doesn't have a spot....Solomon Thomas, Trey Hendrickson, Emmanuel Ogbah, Noah Spence, or sign a guy like Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray,  Mario Edwards. I never liked Ansah as a prospect. I'd rather get a guy who is a little younger with some more upside. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

Anyone know the status of construction on the new weight room/wellness center addition Pegula was building?  Obviously part of the point of that investment was to help sell FAs on signing with Buff.

I heard them talking about it on WGR this morning.  It is currently under construction.

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm holding out hope for some sort of trade for a younger guy with some upside who doesn't have a spot....Solomon Thomas, Trey Hendrickson, Emmanuel Ogbah, Noah Spence, or sign a guy like Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray,  Mario Edwards. I never liked Ansah as a prospect. I'd rather get a guy who is a little younger with some more upside. 

They don’t need to do that this offseason.  There’s really nobody available I’d give up high picks for.  

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Solomon Thomas is a guy to keep an eye on.  Doesn't really fit the 49ers, probably could get him for a good value.

He'd be a tackle for us, not an end, right?  3 tech?  Probably will depend on if we go with Oliver or Wilkins at 9.  If not, and we go say O-line, I could see us making a move for Thomas.  I loved him coming out.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I think Solomon Thomas is a guy to keep an eye on.  Doesn't really fit the 49ers, probably could get him for a good value.

He'd be a tackle for us, not an end, right?  3 tech?  Probably will depend on if we go with Oliver or Wilkins at 9.  If not, and we go say O-line, I could see us making a move for Thomas.  I loved him coming out.

I think he'd be a base defensive end and rush as a tackle when Lorax goes to end. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Anyone know the status of construction on the new weight room/wellness center addition Pegula was building?  Obviously part of the point of that investment was to help sell FAs on signing with Buff.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I heard them talking about it on WGR this morning.  It is currently under construction.

I thought I read somewhere it is on schedule to be complete next month.  Which would be the time these guys start coming in anyway

10 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

They don’t need to do that this offseason.  There’s really nobody available I’d give up high picks for.  

I would not give up high picks, but I do think some of these guys could be available on the cheap. I'd offer a 5th to the Saints for Hendrickson and he's blocked there by Davenport and Jordan. They got him in the third and they only have 6 picks this year (a 2 and a 5, the rest are 6th and 7th rounders. Maybe Offer the 49ers our 3 in exchange for their fourth, essentially trading down 20 or so spots. 

I also like some of the free agents like Edwards, Barrett, Ray, better than Ansah. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would not give up high picks, but I do think some of these guys could be available on the cheap. I'd offer a 5th to the Saints for Hendrickson and he's blocked there by Davenport and Jordan. They got him in the third and they only have 6 picks this year (a 2 and a 5, the rest are 6th and 7th rounders. Maybe Offer the 49ers our 3 in exchange for their fourth, essentially trading down 20 or so spots. 

I also like some of the free agents like Edwards, Barrett, Ray, better than Ansah. 

Do those guys meet the injury quota? Our trainers like a challenge. 

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

If he is signed, wonder if bills are considering a Stampede Rush (open to suggestions here) of all DEs on obvious passing downs.

Ziggy / Shaq / Murphy / Jerry  or Ziggy / Zo / Murphy / Jerry.  Could cause protection issues for most OLs

To me, you keep Hughes as the starter on the right side.  Ansah becomes your new starter on the left.

Murphy is the primary backup/rotation on both sides in pass rushing situations.

Lawson is the primary backup/rotation on both sides in early down/running situations.  He can also slide over to tackle on passing downs.

On the inside, you keep a heavy rotation depending on situation.  Same as last year.

Lotulelei is the primary DT in rushing situations.  You need to add a 3-Tech to replace Kyle (maybe someone in the draft like Ed Oliver?)

JPhillips and HPhillips are your subs, with Lawson even sliding over on the occasion.

Alexander is the SLB and jack-of-all-trades.  He can drop into coverage, come off the edge or even blitz inside.

I think their rotation last year was great.  The only problem was Murphy being hurt all the time, and neither he or Lawson providing quite enough with the edge rush.  One more DE puts us over the top, and protects us in the event Murphy continues battling injuries.  We also need to find a capable replacement for Kyle or we take a step back on the inside rush.

• Like (+1) 6

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not hard yet, but I’ll be chubby if he signs..

My over/under on the number of posts until this appeared was 10 (the actual was 17).  I was getting a little worried that TBD's moral compass had shifted.  Thank you for restoring my faith, Chandler...

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Per one poster, he arrived in Buffalo and was a dick at the airport. If that's the case, then I presume by now he's at OBD.

pics or it didn't happen  ...   lol  

44 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Perhaps the fan was being rude or pushy?

someone mentioned the cap.

BUFFALO BILLS CAP TOTALS

Est. Cap Space (All):   $37,309,877
Est. Cap Space (Top 51):   $42,859,877

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

To me, you keep Hughes as the starter on the right side.  Ansah becomes your new starter on the left.

Murphy is the primary backup/rotation on both sides in pass rushing situations.

Lawson is the primary backup/rotation on both sides in early down/running situations.  He can also slide over to tackle on passing downs.

On the inside, you keep a heavy rotation depending on situation.  Same as last year.

Lotulelei is the primary DT in rushing situations.  You need to add a 3-Tech to replace Kyle (maybe someone in the draft like Ed Oliver?)

JPhillips and HPhillips are your subs, with Lawson even sliding over on the occasion.

Alexander is the SLB and jack-of-all-trades.  He can drop into coverage, come off the edge or even blitz inside.

I think their rotation last year was great.  The only problem was Murphy being hurt all the time, and neither he or Lawson providing quite enough with the edge rush.  One more DE puts us over the top, and protects us in the event Murphy continues battling injuries.  We also need to find a capable replacement for Kyle or we take a step back on the inside rush.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy cut or Lawson traded if Ansah is signed.