Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

55 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

They are hosting Jared Cook. Not sure If they can afford Cook and Ansah, even with the restructure.

From what I've heard the restructure freed up $10.8M, giving them somewhere between $16-18M in room. They also need to sign their draft picks with that (although they don't have a 1 this year). 

Unless they both take a serious "contender" discount, it's doubtful they could afford Ansah AND Cook. 

So I guess we root for Cook to sign in New Orleans. 

• Like (+1) 1

I monitor what other teams' fans thinks of players when making up my mind on what I'd like to see happen. On top of the analysts, stats and my own observations, of course. The fact that we have signed several other teams' fan favorites is really encouraging to me. The Lions fans think Ansah is a waste of money because he's always hurt. I will be completely fine if he doesn't sign here.

54 minutes ago, vincec said:

If the sign Ansah, who goes? Lawson or Murphy?

Keep all of them.

- We have over $40 million in cap space.

- Both Murphy and Ansah have a history of injury problems.

- Hughes is a free agent next year, and Lawson might be if we don't activate his 5th year option.

The best thing for a D-Line is a strong rotation, always keeping guys fresh and adjusting to the offense.  Having four strong DEs and four strong DTs would be a fantastic help to our defense.

• Like (+1) 4

If he is signed, wonder if bills are considering a Stampede Rush (open to suggestions here) of all DEs on obvious passing downs.

Ziggy / Shaq / Murphy / Jerry  or Ziggy / Zo / Murphy / Jerry.  Could cause protection issues for most OLs

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

Per one poster, he arrived in Buffalo and was a dick at the airport. If that's the case, then I presume by now he's at OBD.

Wonder if they brought Ralph's old Taurus out of retirement to try and seal the deal?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

People though NOLA couldn't sign Jairus Byrd.  They had no cap room then.

Damn, i was trying to remember who that was..thank you!

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Murphy IMO (if anyone). Was outplayed by Shaq and injured again. 

Still my one really big criticism of McDermott. Getting absolutely blasted by the Colts, and with 5 minutes to go in game still had his defensive starters out there, and Murphy in particular coming off the kneee injury and struggling with groin problems..and Murphy gets hurt with about 3 minutes to go in that game. Football coaches can be real stubborn sometimes.