Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

Hughes was our best Defensive player last year, and should've been a Pro Bowler. These are not the guys you let go when you just made the statement that you're ready to seriously contend for a playoff spot this year.

Hughes & Ansah as our starting DEs would put us up there with the elite Defensive lines.

Edited by 947
  • Like (+1) 3

I think they get a se

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The sack numbers are down, but the pressure numbers remain really high.  That has always been a weird quirk in his game.  I don't know that I've ever seen a guy disrupt a QB that often without taking him down.  

That said, we wouldn't really get anything back for him if we traded him.  From the Bills perspective, it just doesn't get us anywhere to let him go. 

I think a second rounder his what it will take.  Green bay has the defensive coordinator when he had his best year.  The upcoming draft is deep with pass rushers. 

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The sack numbers are down, but the pressure numbers remain really high.  That has always been a weird quirk in his game.  I don't know that I've ever seen a guy disrupt a QB that often without taking him down.  

That said, we wouldn't really get anything back for him if we traded him.  From the Bills perspective, it just doesn't get us anywhere to let him go. 

Hughes always seems to get his hands on the QB, but doesn’t seem to be able to hold on to him.  Maybe he lacks thumbs?  Or needs to use stickum.  

6 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

I think they get a se

I think a second rounder his what it will take.  Green bay has the defensive coordinator when he had his best year.  The upcoming draft is deep with pass rushers. 

If we can get a second, I am all for it.  But with only a year left on his contract, at his age, I can't imagine anything more than a fifth.  

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Hughes always seems to get his hands on the QB, but doesn’t seem to be able to hold on to him.  Maybe he lacks thumbs?  Or needs to use stickum.  

He’s pretty good at knocking the ball out of the QBs hands though. I feel like he goes for that first 

14 minutes ago, 947 said:

Hughes was our best Defensive player last year, and should've been a Pro Bowler. These are not the guys you let go when you just made the statement that you're ready to seriously contend for a playoff spot this year.

Hughes & Ansah as our starting DEs would put us up there with the elite Defensive lines.

Add Ed Oliver at 9 and omg....

Hughes - Star - Oliver - Ansah

Shaq - Harry - Phillips - Murphy

Lorax - Edmunds - Milano

White - Wallace - T Johnson 

K Johnson

Hyde - Poyer

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

we're finally getting talented players on this team....why get rid of one of our better players?

If you can upgrade a player on the team and collect a draft pick in the process (pardon the pun) then you do it every time.

Just now, Woodman19 said:

If you can upgrade a player on the team and collect a draft pick in the process (pardon the pun) then you do it every time.

I understand that. I don't see how getting rid of Hughes would be an upgrade. The return would not be better

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

I understand that. I don't see how getting rid of Hughes would be an upgrade. The return would not be better

The front office may think so and they are the ones making the moves.  I don't watch other players around the league as intently as the Bills (as I suspect 99% here don't either) so I would have to trust the teams scouts who do it for a living to make that call.

7 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

The front office may think so and they are the ones making the moves.  I don't watch other players around the league as intently as the Bills (as I suspect 99% here don't either) so I would have to trust the teams scouts who do it for a living to make that call.

Obviously, but we all have our opinions. 

Edited by nucci

Just now, ScottLaw said:

But why?

If they sign Ansah he should start opposite Hughes. What is the objective to dump Hughes for Ansah?

Makes no sense.  You probably aren't getting a 3 for Hughes, and there's a chance that someone signs him to a sizeable deal in UFA next year--he'll be only 31, and Cam Wake just got a decent deal at 36

It is not like we need the cap space. So I dont understand why we need to trade Hughes for a draft pick - unless we are trading for another elite edge rusher and we need to include him to complete the trade, Hughes should just stay where he is.

That said, Hughes always does his outside move and is a bit predictable - so OT can just push him wide. I think if he just does an inside move once in a while, it will keep the OT honest and make Hughes more effective. There are very few linemen who can stop him one on one. I also like it that his penalties came down last season relative to McD's first year.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

anyone saying trade Hughes needs to STFU, not even for a first. He is still a premier DE in the league, and not just a rusher. Stout against the run as well. If anything the Bills need to be extending him for a couple seasons. Can never have too many quality pass rushers, and as far as Hughes, he is the total package. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2