Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

1. Hughes is better, so unless they plan on moving Hughes or Ansah to LE, this makes no sense.

2. Ansah isn't appreciably better than either Shaq or Murphy at this point anyways, so why bother?

3. Clowney is MUCH better than Ansah. Get real.

4. We still need someone to replace Kyle. I want Ed Oliver if possible.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

1. Hughes is better, so unless they plan on moving Hughes or Ansah to LE, this makes no sense.

2. Ansah isn't appreciably better than either Shaq or Murphy at this point anyways, so why bother?

3. Clowney is MUCH better than Ansah. Get real.

4. We still need someone to replace Kyle. I want Ed Oliver if possible.

How does it make no sense to have two pass rushers?

Ansah had 4 sacks in 2 games started due to injury last year. Lawson and Murphy had 8 combined

Clowney has never had more than 10 sacks in a year. Ansah has done it twice and wont cost a pick.

GreggTX has logic flaws 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

So you think Ansah came into the league a year older thank Lorax and Gore? Interesting. 

It's a joke first of all.  Ironically, both gore and Alexander came out of the same draft class and are born in the same month.  Thank you for spurring me to look it up.  To answer the question  Ansah is older by 3 months.

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

How does it make no sense to have two pass rushers?

Ansah had 4 sacks in 2 games started due to injury last year. Lawson and Murphy had 8 combined

Clowney has never had more than 10 sacks in a year. Ansah has done it twice and wont cost a pick.

GreggTX has logic flaws 

Clowney is also only 26 still, and Ansah is... 30 something? Nobody seems quite sure about that.

The injury concerns seem a little overblown however, last year was an issue, but Ziggy is one year removed from a 12 sack season, and last year was the first season he played fewer than 13 games.

If the price wasn’t egregious, I would prefer Clowney, but if Ansah can be had on a reasonable deal (nothing longer than 3 years with an out after 1-2) it would still be a great move to solidify the pass rush and provides more flexibility on draft day.  

I think no matter where this player lands, he will propose a prove it one year contract and bet on himself.  With a healthy, productive season, he's likely one of the top five free agents in 2020 Free Agency.  

Ziggy fits McDermotts scheme better than Hughes.  Hughes is a speed rusher made for a wide 9 defense. Ziggy is more of a power rusher better suited for McDermotts scheme. If we land ziggy Hughes will be traded,  maybe kc,Oakland, or green bay.  Buckle up butter cup it's about to get interesting. 

48 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I have a feeling this will be the final “big” free agent contract the Bills dish out this year. 

I'm hoping for Ziggy Ansah and Darryl Williams to round out FA as big signings.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Ziggy fits McDermotts scheme better than Hughes.  Hughes is a speed rusher made for a wide 9 defense. Ziggy is more of a power rusher better suited for McDermotts scheme. If we land ziggy Hughes will be traded,  maybe kc,Oakland, or green bay.  Buckle up butter cup it's about to get interesting. 

This is a wild take.  

Hughes has been stellar in McDermotts scheme. Heck, maybe he would be better in a different scheme, but in this one he has still been awesome.  Why in the world would we trade our best DE because we bring in another, less talented DE? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Really want this guy opposite Hughes. Completes the defense. Then possibly add Ed Oliver in the draft. 

Can you imagine that D-line? That would hopefully settle the defense for a few years, and let us truly take BPA every year. (Assuming Allen continues to grow)

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is a wild take.  

Hughes has been stellar in McDermotts scheme. Heck, maybe he would be better in a different scheme, but in this one he has still been awesome.  Why in the world would we trade our best DE because we bring in another, less talented DE? 

Hughes was getting lots of sacks in the wide 9 his sacks are way down in McDermotts scheme.  Hughes has one year left on his deal also plays a roll. I love having Hughes too he's been a warrior for us. Also need to be fair to him and let him play a defense better suited for his style and size. 

1 minute ago, Rufridr101 said:

Hughes was getting lots of sacks in the wide 9 his sacks are way down in McDermotts scheme.  Hughes has one year left on his deal also plays a roll. I love having Hughes too he's been a warrior for us. Also need to be fair to him and let him play a defense better suited for his style and size. 

The sack numbers are down, but the pressure numbers remain really high.  That has always been a weird quirk in his game.  I don't know that I've ever seen a guy disrupt a QB that often without taking him down.  

That said, we wouldn't really get anything back for him if we traded him.  From the Bills perspective, it just doesn't get us anywhere to let him go. 

• Like (+1) 2