Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

4 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I thought durability was a big thing with Beane.  Another player with very recent injury issues?  Starting to get concerned.

No question it's less than ideal, but taking measured risks like this is really our only path back to relevance. Gotta win on the margins in small markets.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I thought durability was a big thing with Beane.  Another player with very recent injury issues?  Starting to get concerned.

these are players with something to prove and come a little cheaper.....They're looking players who are looking to compete looking to prove something, or have the vet savy to share with some gas left in the tank. 

There is too much money tied up running down every top FA at every position of need / concern.

Edited by ddaryl

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a signing that I can 100% get behind at the right price. He is the defensive version of Tyler Eiffert this offseason IMO. He’s a guy that has had big pass rushing stats in the past but is never healthy. This should be an incentive-laden deal and hope that it ends up being an expensive one.

fantastic analogy. 

BTW, I'd also like Eiffert. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've always liked Ansah, had a great combine and I remember really hoping that the Bills would draft him coming out of college.   He has shown that he can really get after the QB, the last two completely healthy years he had he combined for 26 sacks.   Very athletic, perfect size and has a good motor.     Injuries have been his biggest roadblock and if the Bills can get him a 3 year $30 million contract with incentives relying on playing time and production that can push it up to around $36 million, with heavy up front money and guarantees of $15M 1st year and around $20M guaranteed then I'm all for it.

26 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Per Rapoport #Lions free agent pass-rusher Ziggy Ansah, one of the top pass-rushers on the market, has visits set with the #Bills and then the #Saints, sources say. Both quite interested. The physical is important, as he’s recovering from shoulder surgery.

Makes sense doing a visit before signing to check the health.  That is why some of the signings like the Kwon Alexander sight unseen is asinine to me