Anonymous Agents Rank Buffalo The Worst FA Destination

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yup... If it's truly all about "weather and sex", places like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Cinci etc.. are similar to Buffalo.  Just have to win and everything works out.

None of those places did particularly well in the survey either.  Let’s face it, if this survey is any indication, weather and glamor are far and away the biggest factors.

Edited by mannc

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The summers and early fall in WNY are perfect.  Winters aren’t as bad as they are made out to be but they drag on forever.  February and March suck.

I will never forget  Roscoe and his fear of snow LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If a player is on the market and doesn't want to play in Buffalo that's his prerogative. I'm not going to feel slighted about it. There is another side to this preference equation: That is the Bills aren't interested in a certain type of player and personality. If a player requires a more lively night life compared to what LA or NYC has to offer then he shouldn't come to Buffalo because it would be a bad fit. 

I agree with this. I've often thought Miami gets a lot of guys who I think go there for nightlife first, football second.

With Buffalo, you either came to play, or came for the money. Beaches and babes weren't a factor.

7 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Western NY summers are highly underrated. Gimme that over the Madmax feel of the Southwest and ridiculous butt sweat of the Southeast during the same period any day.

You’re right but How is this relevant to FA’s? The players are in their respective cities for a sliver of summer on the back end....

The rest of the worst teams list debunks the weather thing.  New England got honorable mention.  And jets/giants certainly should not lose the stuff to do / nightlife argument. 

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

Others receiving votes: Jacksonville (5), N.Y. Giants (3), N.Y. Jets (4), Green Bay (3), New England (3), San Francisco (3), Washington (3), L.A. Chargers (2), Arizona, Denver, Minnesota, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

It’s probably more about, how nice the creature comforts are, how nice facilities are, and how the public worships the players around town and the long term history of dealing with the front office. 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Minnesota is higher and I think they have been pretty good at signing FA.  They also have worse weather yet people say how wonderful it is (I’ve never been).  Again, this is lazy journalism.  

Mid we didn’t suck for 2 decades, we won’t have these problems.  And for as bad as people say it is, what major FA that mattered have we missed out on?

The twin cities are a booming metropolis. This helps shapes perception. 

5 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Seriously? How about for the sake of getting clicks? You're aware that anonymous sources were once (not-too-long-ago) frowned upon en masse, yes?

Actually, anonymous sources are widely used and not frowned upon, so long as certain journalistic standards are maintained.   The most important media stories of the past century were based in large part on anonymous sources.  

Are you suggesting that the anonymous agents are making stuff up about NFL teams “for clicks” or that Sports Illustrated is making everything up and there are no sources?   Either way, your strange little conspiracy theory makes zero sense, but that’s America today, i guess.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Weather?

It's winter for maybe a month of the season. I could see if they played here in March or February.

True but I''ve seen southerners react to weather we all think is a normal in say, March...they act like it's snowmageddon.

Bottom line:

Sorry to say there will be some FA's that will not want to play in a city like Buffalo. Even winning might not change this.

Honestly, if I am 25 and in perfect shape and can go out and have fun with nightlife, have lots of money, some other NFL markets are more attractive. Not much will change this. And this is OK!

However, there are players that would like to come here. Plenty available. And regardless, if you don't' win at the NFL draft consistently, FA does not matter all that much.

Win the draft most years, players will stay, more players, not all, will start coming.

The end.

Edited by Like A Mofo
  • Like (+1) 1