Anonymous Agents Rank Buffalo The Worst FA Destination

4 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

They do realize that if you sign with a team, you don't use the "visitors locker room," right?

No, I'm sure they have no idea of that.

Seriously though, the point that I made was that it leaves a really lousy impression on visiting players. It hardly reeks of a first-class organization.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Taxes too.  Florida has no state tax and nice weather. CA and NY taxes are horrible. When you make that much taxes can add hundreds of thousands in lost revenue, so the "crap" cities in high tax states like Oakland and Buffalo are going to rank higher.  You mean I have to pay more to live here and not get laid. Hello Miami.

You can always tell the posters who couldn’t get laid in WNY. I had no problems and I’m sure most of the pro athletes didn’t either.  Sorry you struggled. ?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not "anonymous sources".  The sources are obviously known--they were specifically were asked to poll by SI.  For obvious reasons, SI promised them anonymity.

You're saying that Si fabricated the results?  The entire story?

I'm saying anonymous sources in any type of "journalism" is BS. Yep, that's what I'm saying.

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Taxes don't help.

Minnesota is higher and I think they have been pretty good at signing FA.  They also have worse weather yet people say how wonderful it is (I’ve never been).  Again, this is lazy journalism.  

Mid we didn’t suck for 2 decades, we won’t have these problems.  And for as bad as people say it is, what major FA that mattered have we missed out on?

• Like (+1) 1

If a player is on the market and doesn't want to play in Buffalo that's his prerogative. I'm not going to feel slighted about it. There is another side to this preference equation: That is the Bills aren't interested in a certain type of player and personality. If a player requires a more lively night life compared to what LA or NYC has to offer then he shouldn't come to Buffalo because it would be a bad fit. 

The main consideration for players is the salary. And included in that picture is a reality that Buffalo has to play a premium to get a player to come here. So what! Another factor that historically has hurt the appeal is that the Bills have been a historically losing franchise. That certainly isn't an appealing factor to a player who wants to play playoff games and more. 

This market has more appeal to some than to others. What's so surprising?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Western NY summers are highly underrated. Gimme that over the Madmax feel of the Southwest and ridiculous butt sweat of the Southeast during the same period any day.

The summers and early fall in WNY are perfect.  Winters aren’t as bad as they are made out to be but they drag on forever.  February and March suck.

3 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I'm saying anonymous sources in any type of "journalism" is BS. Yep, that's what I'm saying.

You must not read a lot of journalism.

Sources for obvious reasons often speak only anonymously.  To you, this means the author of the article, and his editor, simply "made up" the story they are reporting in all cases?

Wow.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

They do realize that if you sign with a team, you don't use the "visitors locker room," right?

But that is a player’s first visual of what the Bills offer.  I like giving opponents crappy locker rooms but I do believe some organizations (I think Mavs in basketball) have great visitors locker rooms because it might help with FAs.

• Like (+1) 1