Anonymous Agents Rank Buffalo The Worst FA Destination

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You can always tell the posters who couldn’t get laid in WNY. I had no problems and I’m sure most of the pro athletes didn’t either.  Sorry you struggled. ?

Salute to a real one.  Biscuit always delivers his best material when you least expect it!

Give us a "stop riding EJ's johnson" one last time.  Play the Greatest Hits!

14 minutes ago, BIGBOY said:

No doubt The Ross Tucker’s of the world value game day and fan experience. Unfortunately most NFL players are more AB than Ross Tucker

Tell that to frank gore???!? The guy is a dinosaur. I’m sure any player his age would be happy to sign with any NFL team. Your paradigm changes when you’re on the wrong side of 30. 

That was a joke.

the weather argument comes up in Syracuse Basketball.  Coach B always tells the recruits, "during the winter you're inside playing basketball, during the Summer it's awesome here or you can go home."   Similar to football: "during football season the weather in Buffalo is awesome.  During the winter you can stay or go to Arizona or wherever." 

Really, playing in Buffalo (or any northern team) allows you to be in fantastic weather almost every day of the year.  Great during the season, then go south when the season is over if you want. 

Well, can you blame them? What's in Buffalo? My favorite city in NY is Ithaca and it's a very small town compared to Buffalo. Watkins Glenn is decent as well but Buffalo is crummy. I'm not denying it's a great sports town though and the cost of living ain't too shabby. You can definitely make a career here if you think you're a good fit for our team, we're definitely a blue collar lunch pail kind of town, we don't want the me me me prima donna types like Antonio Brown anyways, that's not who we are as a city.

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

And a losing football team since y2k

Yeah I guess, but when you consider that the majority of those losing was derived from the dysfunction caused from an owner who wouldn’t step aside.  

In terms of cities, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Cleveland are a little bigger they aren’t much better.  All of those cities took a dive thanks to the decline of industry and outsourcing 

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

The cost of snow removal alone in NYS demands a higher taxes. Yes NYS still has its tax issues... However Out here in Western Wa if we get snow my street never gets plowed...... 6 inches of snow here cripples the area where we have to take LWOPs from work because they do not have the infrastructure to deal with it when it does happen. We also pay 10x's as much for vehicle registrations etc..

every state finds away to get their money....  

Interesting.... I do know that taxes are lower in some cities but the cost of living is higher.  So in the end, it probably evens ojtout

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/12/best-worst-destinations-free-agents-dallas-atlanta-buffalo-cleveland-detroit-oakland

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

As for Buffalo, the least enticing free-agent destination in the NFL according to our poll, only three agents didn’t have the Bills in their Bottom 5. Weather and a recent history of losing were two big factors, but the city had at least one supporter among the agents polled. “I think they’re turning things around in Buffalo,” he said. “That regime is doing things the right way.”

Discuss.........

Bad ownership and trash teams for 20+ years... Detroit plays inside and Oakland has mild weather, so how much did weather really play into this?

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

If the agents are told by their players that it's weather and sex- why would you say it's something else?

As to why 'every' free agent didn't sign with Miami or SD- let's just sit here for a moment and think about how ridiculous a question that is.

Yeah, so you have no good response.  Again,  the lack of winning trumps any of this other nonsense. Oh no, we couldn’t get Desean Jackson because we didn’t have good enough clubs!

Weather is definitely a factor. Let's not kid ourselves. But you can overcome that impediment by building a brand that teams want to be a part of.

That comes with winning.

I was disappointed they didn't land AB, but very happy with the acquisitions they've made thus far.

There were some that didn't expect the Bills to be a major player in free agency because the "process" was a 5 year plan etc. Make no mistake; this regime wants to win NOW and understands they don't have forever. I'm encouraged.

1 hour ago, eball said:

In a late-breaking updated poll, anonymous agents rank Buffalo as a "not so bad" destination for FAs.

what a difference a day makes...24 little hours~~~ haha and take THAT SI and your anonymous sources too.....tck.

4 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I get it, I do.  But really, how is Cincy not the worst?  Terrible team, notoriously cheap owner, a pretty crappy city.

Cincinnati is not a bad city. Cincinnati chilli is good.