Anonymous Agents Rank Buffalo The Worst FA Destination

14 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

He also said he was fine with keggers at Bledsoe's house ... I know craft beers and wings are heaven to most Buffalo folk, but it's not what young African American millionaires are into, I'm guessing

I would assume so as well. 

They should seriously use him to recruit players. He was so genuine about how much he loved it here. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Maybe some of you remember this discussion ^

Yes and I still say the team should neglect cleaning the toilets before game days and have burrito night the day before that While requiring all personell to use the bathrooms in the visitors locker room that day.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Anonymous sources are such gutless cowards.  If you can say something to get out in the public, be a big enough person to put your name on it.

And this is so worthless.  It comes down to the fact we don’t win.  Nothing, nothing less.  If this was true, why didn’t every free agent sign with Miami or San Diego when they had a team?  So dumb. 

If the agents are told by their players that it's weather and sex- why would you say it's something else?

As to why 'every' free agent didn't sign with Miami or SD- let's just sit here for a moment and think about how ridiculous a question that is.

39 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Nothing sounds more refreshing and relaxing than training camp and outdoor practices in Florida, Texas and Arizona.  Mmm, I could feel the wind in my hair now.  

Win and the free agents will come - even more than they do now, which they do.  We get free agents to come all the time.  

i don't know about the other teams, but Arizona practices in a domed stadium.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/12/best-worst-destinations-free-agents-dallas-atlanta-buffalo-cleveland-detroit-oakland

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

As for Buffalo, the least enticing free-agent destination in the NFL according to our poll, only three agents didn’t have the Bills in their Bottom 5. Weather and a recent history of losing were two big factors, but the city had at least one supporter among the agents polled. “I think they’re turning things around in Buffalo,” he said. “That regime is doing things the right way.”

Discuss.........

Tell that to Frank Gore.

The summers and early fall in WNY are perfect.  Winters aren’t as bad as they are made out to be but they drag on forever.  February and March suck.

that's the truth.  those couple of months make this area tough.  it's just cold and gray.  the players aren't here during that time, so no worries.  if i was in their position, i'd go where ever was the best opportunity in terms money and career.  they don't have to live here full time, and the living the rest of the year here is pretty easy.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/12/best-worst-destinations-free-agents-dallas-atlanta-buffalo-cleveland-detroit-oakland

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

As for Buffalo, the least enticing free-agent destination in the NFL according to our poll, only three agents didn’t have the Bills in their Bottom 5. Weather and a recent history of losing were two big factors, but the city had at least one supporter among the agents polled. “I think they’re turning things around in Buffalo,” he said. “That regime is doing things the right way.”

Discuss.........

Records in the last 5 years:

Bills: 45-51

Oakland: 36-60

Cinci: 52-44

Detroit: 49-47

Cleveland: 22-74

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Ross Tucker was on WGR last night raving about Buffalo. #1 place he played out of 5 teams because of the fans and the gameday experience. (Sidebar-Reasons to keep stadium in OP)

No doubt The Ross Tucker’s of the world value game day and fan experience. Unfortunately most NFL players are more AB than Ross Tucker

18 minutes ago, klos63 said:

i don't know about the other teams, but Arizona practices in a domed stadium.

Tell that to Frank Gore.

Tell that to frank gore???!? The guy is a dinosaur. I’m sure any player his age would be happy to sign with any NFL team. Your paradigm changes when you’re on the wrong side of 30. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tell this to 

Jerry Hughes 

Lorenzo Alexander

Jordan Phillips

Stephen Hauschka

and the list goes on 

RE the taxes 

players pays state income tax for the state in which that week's game was played.

Not one single player you mention was an established FA. Did they revatlize their careers, sure did. But Hughes, zo, Phillips, hauschka were in a much different senario than a FA in his prime when they came into buffalo. I’d break down each individual situation for you, starting with 55 on a 2nd chance trade but I think (and hope you get the point) 

we had this discussion at billievers chat board consensus is that weather taxes and having a history of losing are all factors. Having said that there should be a distinction between what tier of free agents would rather play elsewhere. Guys want their pay checks and yeah they'll come if offered good money....so  the free agents that can pick and choose where they want to play Im saying is a minority of ALL NFL players so the sample size I think skews the poll. Having said that money and winning talks SO the poor snooty babies will have to suck it up and shuffle off to Buffalo once we build a cast around Josh Allen (whom I believe is our next franchise QB) and the franchise turns around. I think we are seeing it going right to plan. and right before our very eyes. Buckle up buckeroos.

Honestly during most of the season, the weather isn’t too bad.  The worst parts of WNY are January through April.

Training camp in WNY is a breeze compared to much of the country.  It's not humid, high is usually in the 80's.  The fall games can be fantastic.  And the winter games are an adventure.  

I think it has to do with the losing.  Even when  we were crushing it, we had a fair share of departures.....House, Biscuit, a few others.  

If you're a pro football player, you should be able to find a girl.  Or a boy, if that's what you're into.