Anonymous Agents Rank Buffalo The Worst FA Destination

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Are you suggesting that the anonymous agents are making stuff up about NFL teams “for clicks” or that Sports Illustrated is making everything up and there are no sources? 

Outstanding job of twisting my words. Show me where I said they are "making up everything." Go a head. Exact quote. I said anonymous sources on a story like this are pure bull####. Social media has made "getting it fast" a priority over "getting it right," and facts are often skewed to accomplish this, with zero accountability.

That said, it's a free country, and you're free to believe everything you read -- ignorant as it may be. ?

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But that is a player’s first visual of what the Bills offer.  I like giving opponents crappy locker rooms but I do believe some organizations (I think Mavs in basketball) have great visitors locker rooms because it might help with FAs.

Fair enough, but if our fans can't convince them and that's their determining factor, not sure I want them in Buffalo anyway (and i gotta get back to eating these deliciously sour apples :))

Nothing sounds more refreshing and relaxing than training camp and outdoor practices in Florida, Texas and Arizona.  Mmm, I could feel the wind in my hair now.  

Win and the free agents will come - even more than they do now, which they do.  We get free agents to come all the time.  

Edited by White Linen

6 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Bottom line:

Sorry to say there will be some FA's that will not want to play in a city like Buffalo. Even winning might not change this.

Honestly, if I am 25 and in perfect shape and can go out and have fun with nightlife, have lots of money, some other NFL markets are more attractive. Not much will change this. And this is OK!

However, there are players that would like to come here. Plenty available. And regardless, if you don't' win at the NFL draft consistently, FA does not matter all that much.

Win the draft most years, players will stay, more players, not all, will start coming.

The end.

And that’s why the Dolphins are so good and get every free agent!

Just now, Golden Goat said:

Outstanding job of twisting my words. Show me where I said they are "making up everything." Go a head. Exact quote. I said anonymous sources on a story like this are pure bull####. Social media has made "getting it fast" a priority over "getting it right," and facts are often skewed to accomplish this, with zero accountability.

That said, it's a free country, and you're free to believe everything you read -- ignorant as it may be. ?

Once again I ask you, who is making stuff up here?  The agents?  SI?  SI has a very good reputation; why would they put that at risk for a few clicks?

Now the agents might be poorly informed and basing their opinions on outdated information, but that’s an entirely different issue.

4 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Fair enough, but if our fans can't convince them and that's their determining factor, not sure I want them in Buffalo anyway (and i gotta get back to eating these deliciously sour apples :))

They did with Takeo Spikes.  This stuff is so overblown.  If we don’t suck, we will get players.  And for the most part, we have.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

Which one?  Sucked? Or gotten players?

We have gotten FAs and the ones we miss out because they don’t want to come to Buffalo, aren’t the reason we suck.  Our past teams with a good QB would have been playoff contenders.

people try to make things more complicated than they are.  Find a good qb.  Then draft well (young and cheap).  Retain guys at key positions and use FA is supplement your roster.  Again, Miami has sucked as bad as us.  But they have terrible weather, bad nightlife, and high taxes!

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BIGBOY said:

You’re right but How is this relevant to FA’s? The players are in their respective cities for a sliver of summer on the back end....

I'm just commenting on the sheer amount of unfair BS that western NY gets and throwing out a positive. It's somewhat relevant, but probably more relevant to the larger discussion of whether Buffalo the city really sucks or not.

Edited by Nelius

A few key lines from the article: 

1) “I think most players take the most money regardless of location, as they should” said another agent. “But when it’s equal, that’s when this debate gets interesting.”

2) Said another agent: “It’s an interesting question because players don’t really know, so they just look at city and nightlife and a bunch of s--- that doesn’t matter.”

3) “There are so many factors to consider and every player is different,” one agent told me, “but typically we look at winning culture/tradition, opportunity [for playing time], income tax laws, market, area of the country, and sometimes weather.”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Ross Tucker was on WGR last night raving about Buffalo. #1 place he played out of 5 teams because of the fans and the gameday experience. (Sidebar-Reasons to keep stadium in OP) 

He also said he was fine with keggers at Bledsoe's house ... I know craft beers and wings are heaven to most Buffalo folk, but it's not what young African American millionaires are into, I'm guessing

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/12/best-worst-destinations-free-agents-dallas-atlanta-buffalo-cleveland-detroit-oakland

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

As for Buffalo, the least enticing free-agent destination in the NFL according to our poll, only three agents didn’t have the Bills in their Bottom 5. Weather and a recent history of losing were two big factors, but the city had at least one supporter among the agents polled. “I think they’re turning things around in Buffalo,” he said. “That regime is doing things the right way.”

Discuss.........

i-have-a-nail-in-my-anus.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/12/best-worst-destinations-free-agents-dallas-atlanta-buffalo-cleveland-detroit-oakland

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

As for Buffalo, the least enticing free-agent destination in the NFL according to our poll, only three agents didn’t have the Bills in their Bottom 5. Weather and a recent history of losing were two big factors, but the city had at least one supporter among the agents polled. “I think they’re turning things around in Buffalo,” he said. “That regime is doing things the right way.”

Discuss.........

Can't forget those inflated NY state taxes coming out of your paycheck either as a deterant. Thanks Cuomo! 

40 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

This makes... zero... sense. ?

Form the guy who says anonymous sources in any type of journalism is "BS"?

Yeah, I could see how that makes sense to such a person.

It's amazing what lurks in the minds of some posters after you just scratch the surface below football talk...

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Cincinnati is a much better city than the Bengals are an organization. 

Wow, that's really splitting a ***** hair...