Anonymous Agents Rank Buffalo The Worst FA Destination

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/12/best-worst-destinations-free-agents-dallas-atlanta-buffalo-cleveland-detroit-oakland

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

As for Buffalo, the least enticing free-agent destination in the NFL according to our poll, only three agents didn’t have the Bills in their Bottom 5. Weather and a recent history of losing were two big factors, but the city had at least one supporter among the agents polled. “I think they’re turning things around in Buffalo,” he said. “That regime is doing things the right way.”

Discuss.........

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, purple haze said:

Weather?  No.  Losing for damn near two decades?  Yes, yes, and yes.

That’s it right there. In the age of the “super team” nobody wants to be on a team that may or may not turn things around. Just join an established winner, or find nice weather to enjoy your off time 

Ha I just read this article. You cannot disagree with their statement - Ralph had us stuck in a history of losing, Donahoe was his last real shot and he packed it in after that. I do agree that we are turning things around. Best thing we did was take out Ralph's trash and are upgrading our facilities - all of that stuff matters. We do run into an issue with this though:

Agents said each city is judged to have a boring nightlife, according to the players. “Weather and [sex] are huge factors,” one agent said.

Having had the the unfortunate pleasure of holding a traveling sales position in the past, I just can't understand from a city perspective why anybody would dismiss Buffalo over real s***holes and wastelands like Jacksonville, Indy, Green Bay, Detroit, etc. Are the facilities that bad or something? Because the city truly isn't all things considered.

Winning will help but only Pats like ring-cases are going to be actual decision changers vs. bigger contracts or nicer weather or both.

Wins vary wildly year to year. I assume the weather on Miami beaches is always nice.

Edited by Golden*Wheels

1 minute ago, teef said:

meh.  the only real way to change that if for buffalo to start winning....as many others have already said.

Yup... If it's truly all about "weather and sex", places like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Cinci etc.. are similar to Buffalo.  Just have to win and everything works out.

• Like (+1) 2