Teddy Bridgewater turns down Miami job to stay backup in New Orleans

Jasovon

3 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

And people were laughing at the Bills over AB not wanting to play here. Bridgewater turns down Miami, one of 32 starting QB jobs and there's crickets....

cause nobody gives a crap about Bridgewater? They're more interested in one of the greatest WRs ever lol

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm certain that's not at all what he is thinking.

Maybe.  But as I said, he will never have it better than he has it now.  He gets a ton of money and never has to earn it.  He is praying for Brees to play into his mid 40's I bet.

In Miami, he would like have to play sooner, given the doubts surrounding Tannehill.  Who else has turned down a starting job to remain a backup QB?

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe.  But as I said, he will never have it better than he has it now.  He gets a ton of money and never has to earn it.  He is praying for Brees to play into his mid 40's I bet.

In Miami, he would like have to play sooner, given the doubts surrounding Tannehill.  Who else has turned down a starting job to remain a backup QB?

he's earning backup money to be a backup. If he flamed out in Miami as a starter he could still be a backup - "making tons of money never having to earn it".

I agree being a backup quarterback is sweet. You still earn the money lol.

9 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

he's earning backup money to be a backup. If he flamed out in Miami as a starter he could still be a backup - "making tons of money never having to earn it".

I agree being a backup quarterback is sweet. You still earn the money lol.

Except in Miami, if they brought him in as starter and he flamed out, he would be a backup being paid like a starter, unless they dumped him for a cap hit.

Has any other previous NFL starter turned backup  passed on another starting job (let's assume Tannehill is gone)?

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Except in Miami, if they brought him in as starter and he flamed out, he would be a backup being paid like a starter, unless they dumped him for a cap hit.

Has any other previous NFL starter turned backup  passed on another starting job (let's assume Tannehill is gone)?

That's pretty much impossible to find out. This story itself will be an obscure footnote in a few weeks.

He's not a previous starter, but I know Matt Moore explicitly preferred to be a backup.. which I believe was part of the reasons prompting the 1 year Jay Cutler rental when Tannehill was down for a whole year.

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

That's pretty much impossible to find out. This story itself will be an obscure footnote in a few weeks.

He's not a previous starter, but I know Matt Moore explicitly preferred to be a backup.. which I believe was part of the reasons prompting the 1 year Jay Cutler rental when Tannehill was down for a whole year.

He's a guy who knew his limitations.  Same thing I'm saying about Bridgewater.

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...rumor has it that Ross asked Gloria Estevan to be their new starting QB......."Sound Machine" is the audible call giveaway.........

And Jimmy Buffet is pouring himself a Margarita, knowing that another Dolphins season is wastin' away again.

I heard the goal-line play featuring a hand-off to the fullback is called "Cheeseburger in Paradise."

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, WhoTom said:

And Jimmy Buffet is pouring himself a Margarita, knowing that another Dolphins season is wastin' away again.

I heard the goal-line play featuring a hand-off to the fullback is called "Cheeseburger in Paradise."

...Emilio approves of this message.............:thumbsup: