Teddy Bridgewater turns down Miami job to stay backup in New Orleans

Jasovon

Didn’t he read the best worst FA destination article?? Miami beat NOLA

47 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Someone said it in another thread, Tyrod is not a good tank commander at all. Tyrod is a recipe for mediocrity. He doesn’t turn the ball over and can sometimes make some “wow” plays with his legs. He is pretty much a lock to give you 170-210 yards per game with 1TD and 0 INTS.

NEVER let facts stand in the way of a good narrative  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Love that the last qb to get us to the playoffs is now a qb for tanking. I wasn’t a huge Tyrod guy but some of you go over the top with things.

Tyrod is going to a team that is overtly rebuilding. There is no secret about that.  What's inaccurate about acknowledging the obvious. If Bridgewated did decline a more lucrative offer to go to Miami where he would start as opposed to staying with a team where he is the entrenched backup that certainly indicates that the situation is going to be difficult for the next few years. 

Tyrod going to Miami is not a criticism of him. In fact,  more power to him. He is carving out a long and financially rewarding career. The reality is that he is not a franchise qb and is at best a caretaker qb until a more credible starting qb is found. 

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

I see Miami getting Rosen from the Cardinals. As if I didn't hate the Dolphins enough...

I would love this and I'd actually want Darnold and Rosen to be pretty good (on the condition that Allen is killing it) so that the East can be exciting and competitive. After damn near 20 years of boring division play, this would very cool. Baker on the Browns could add another dimension as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

I would love this and I'd actually want Darnold and Rosen to be pretty good (on the condition that Allen is killing it) so that the East can be exciting and competitive. After damn near 20 years of boring division play, this would very cool. Baker on the Browns could add another dimension as well.

How would you feel about the Dolphins signing Tyrod for a year, then drafting Tua next year?

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I would not want to go get killed on a tanking team. Screw that. Bridgewater is in a good spot as teh possible heir apparent to the Brees. 

Ahhh, I would not go that far in defining his status in NO.  He is the backup.  The heir apparent?...not so fast...not.on that one.

19 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

How would you feel about the Dolphins signing Tyrod for a year, then drafting Tua next year?

It slightly takes away from everyone being from the same draft class, but I can get on board as long as the East is fun. 

What's wrong with Miami going after Tyrod?  He's the same player as Bridgewater, minus the leg about to fall off.  At least TT is durable for the mediocre output...

Teddy isn't the heir apparent to Brees, unless Payton is into the Vicodin cabinet again.

33 minutes ago, eball said:

And THIS is what happens when a veteran player who actually wants to win is courted by a team that has publicly stated their intention is to tank.

It's fun to "win" when Brees is ahead of you on the roster.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I would not want to go get killed on a tanking team. Screw that. Bridgewater is in a good spot as teh possible heir apparent to the Brees. 

I think this is why.  Miami's new head coach said as much that this will be in essence a rebuild.  Teddy might think Dolphins draft a QB and send him out there to get killed while rookie QB gets groomed to take over the job.  Why not stay in NO and learn from one of the best with a chance to take over a great team.

Good move for Teddy.  Great team around him, learning from Brees.  Gets to be QB 1 in 4 years when Brees retires.  (or next year if Saints win SB and Brees retires).  

And the Dolphins have no O-line.  He'd (or any QB) be killed behind it. 

• Like (+1) 1