Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a reporter in Columbus. Bell is from Columbus. I didn’t see it, but he’s saying she reported it on TV. 

Ok...  that's more relevant.  If your thinking of throwing dumb money around might as well throw it to a top guy in the league.  I could see the progression.  Start with Humpries.  Money goes above 10 per year, heck might as well take a run for Williams.  Speculating here, his money goes above 15.  2 mil more a year you have a realistic shot at signing Bell.  Who has more catches and yards than either.

28 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Hedge bets and throw a bunch of names out there. Ace reporting 

Exactly. This little nugget by Monsieur Biddle could just as easily have been produced by a simple lookup of which teams have the most cap $$ to spend this offseason, and voila! A twitterific tweet oozing with journalistic chops is born. :P

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Guess what. We can have both!!

I am indifferent on Bell.

If the Bills sign him......... fine. If they don't sign him....... fine.

The Bills need to solve that revolving door at RT before they do anything.

They got the best C they had since Hull, now get DW.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm guessing this is just Bell's agent using Buffalo's cap space to try to get other teams to offer more, but if this actually were to happen, I'd be okay with it under the following conditions:

1. The deal is mostly a year-to-year contract.

2. The Bills cut both McCoy and Ivory.

If those things happen, I still wouldn't be thrilled, but I could be okay with it. No doubt Buffalo could desperately use a weapon and Bell is certainly a weapon.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

How sick would a 3 headed monster of Bell, Shady in his last year and Gore to carry the backfield. More than likely if we sign bell then we are trading or cutting Shady but imagine what having Shady and Bell would do if they had multiple formations of being on the field at the same time

I'd love to see it honestly

Just now, njbuff said:

I am indifferent on Bell.

If the Bills sign him......... fine. If they don't sign him....... fine.

The Bills need to solve that revolving door at RT before they do anything.

They got the best C they had since Hull, now get DW.

Sign Bell, sign Daryl Williams, draft a WR, draft a TE, draft an OG. Night and day difference in the offense between last year and this year. 

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Sign Bell, sign Daryl Williams, draft a WR, draft a TE, draft an OG. Night and day difference in the offense between last year and this year. 

The Bills aren't signing Bell anyway, so this hypothetical stuff is for naught.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Only reason I'd be down for Bell is because I am legitimately curious at what we're doing at RB this offseason and, for sure, we wouldn't keep Shady with Bell on board....right??

If they do sign Bell imo Shady will be in a package for a De.  Ford or Clark.  

Just now, Mat68 said:

If they do sign Bell imo Shady will be in a package for a De.  Ford or Clark.  

Oh boy I would love either of them on this team.

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Judicious.

Ground and pound.

We’ll get a WR one day.

Bell is a heck of a WR as well as a RB. Pitt often put him out wide as a WR. His catch rates the past 3 seasons were 92%, 80%, 81%. He caught 85 balls in 2017 for something like 700 yards. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love the fit with Packers, personally, if I am him 

Interesting thought.  I like that Aaron Jones kid though, he did nice things for them. 

Bells running style is unique, if your scheme and o line talent aren’t a zone run type thing, Bell isn’t playing to his strengths.. he waits 3-4 seconds longer to pick his hole than anyone I’ve ever seen. 

Hmmm...  Seattle? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood