Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

Just now, Mark80 said:

How anyone could be against getting one of the best RBs in the league with the best receiving skills is beyond me.  We have the money.  We have the need for real play makers.  He is not a malcontent, he just wanted to protect his worth.  Nothing wrong with that.  I would be stoked to get him.  Especially if we can get 1 or 2 more starting lineman through FA/draft.

He is ultra talented, no doubt about it.  But I wouldnt say sitting out an entire year and being suspended is not being a malcontent.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

How anyone could be against getting one of the best RBs in the league with the best receiving skills is beyond me?  We have the money.  We have the need for real play makers.  He is not a malcontent, he just wanted to protect his worth.  Nothing wrong with that.  I would be stoked to get him.  Especially if we can get 1 or 2 more starting lineman through FA/draft.

I don't know how you could justify the salary that we would have in our backfield.  I mean, this isn't 1960

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

How anyone could be against getting one of the best RBs in the league with the best receiving skills is beyond me?  We have the money.  We have the need for real play makers.  He is not a malcontent, he just wanted to protect his worth.  Nothing wrong with that.  I would be stoked to get him.  Especially if we can get 1 or 2 more starting lineman through FA/draft.

Agreed. For a fan base who just watched their team go through a 17 year drought, I don’t think any Bills fan should think the Bills are above adding any playmakers.

Bell would be a difference maker for our offense.

He'd be a HUGE addition to our offense, but I'm not getting my hopes up, it's pretty doubtful that he's coming.

I think the Bills may have made a call to check in, doing due diligence, and are now being used to help create a big market for Bell. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SWATeam said:

I don't know how you could justify the salary that we would have in our backfield.  I mean, this isn't 1960

Again, I don't think it's happening, but Shady's off the cap after this season, and we were never going to spend every little bit of cap space, so it's do-able from that standpoint. 

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'm sure there would be a follow up move with Shady or Ivory at the very least.

4 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

No RB is worth what he's asking for and Pittsburgh didn't miss a beat with Conner 

Really, did they make the playoffs last year and I missed it?  Conner started out good, but faded big time.  Zero 100+ yard games rushing after week 8.

Edited by Mark80

10 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Yes please.

Sign Bell and send Shady back to the Eagles.

I'm all for it!  I was just thinking exactly this earlier this morning.  Trade Shady for Aghlor and pick up Bell.  We need a significant weapon on Offense right now and Bell can catch and run.  Front load his contract and have a few escape clauses in the later years.

Beane wants to have a big splash and struck out on AB.  Could see this happening... or not.  Could also see him just getting into the bidding to drive up the price.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josina Anderson not only doesn’t do that, she is pretty tied in to the Bills somehow 

I could see that 

Looking at Carolina - they always had more good and by proxy expensive backs than most 

but it really would be a shocker to aim that high.