Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

I'm one who definitely hates paying RBs big money.  I think you can find a good one that you can win with just about anywhere.  But, the longer this goes, I think Bell signing with the Bills would be fun to watch (on the field, but mostly the Jets fans going bananas because they thought it was a done deal) and I don't think it would hurt us financially at all.

I am looking at the way Beane and company are structuring all of these contracts they are signing.   They are front loading them with a bunch of guaranteed money which makes it super easy to get out of the later years with virtually no financial commitment.  If they keep doing this, the salary cap will never really be an issue.  And with Bell, you could realistically do the same thing by signing him to a 4 year deal, jamming all the money in the first couple years, and walk away from him when you need to with no issues.

Nice having an owner that can sign multiple contracts with big up front money.  Really helps in getting guys here and maintaining cap flexibility.

Did I mention how fun it would be to watch the Jets fans jump off a bridge?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Link?

There is none.  Has not happened.  No mention of it on Twitter at all.  May well happen as it sounds like they are bidding against themselves, but it hasn't become official yet.