Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

31 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Seems to be a long break

No deal announced yet - and a stupid conference call got in the way of my Two Bills Driving!!  Damn "making a living", don't they know what's important here!? :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

I really don't think we're in on this guy. It's just a gut feeling, but just from looking at Twitter and IG it seems like he's trying to drum up interest from multiple teams. His twitter is trying to build up speculation as to which team he will pick, but other than the Jets, no one has confirmed they are all in on the guy.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Based on his Twitter profile, it looks like he started following players from each of the 6 teams that were originally mentioned as possibilities despite it sounding like the Jets are the only one really pursuing him at this time.

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I really don't think we're in on this guy. It's just a gut feeling, but just from looking at Twitter and IG it seems like he's trying to drum up interest from multiple teams. His twitter is trying to build up speculation as to which team he will pick, but other than the Jets, no one has confirmed they are all in on the guy.

We have almost zero leaks now, which is good and bad

The way McCoy is conducting himself on Twitter (in a good way), along with signing his buddy Gore, I just don’t see us trading Shady..

I could see us signing Bell, but have no clue what a Bell/Shady backfield looks like, and that’s an absurd amount of money to tie up at RB....albeit for one year where we’re flush with cap space and can probably afford to do something nonsensical. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The way McCoy is conducting himself on Twitter (in a good way), along with signing his buddy Gore, I just don’t see us trading Shady..

I could see us signing Bell, but have no clue what a Bell/Shady backfield looks like.  

just run the pistol. 

Edit: I don't think that is what I think it is. ah well. 

Edited by whatdrought

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I could see us signing Bell, but have no clue what a Bell/Shady backfield looks like.  

Shady’s gone if we sign Bell.  Can’t have $20MM tied up in two backs 

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Based on his Twitter profile, it looks like he started following players from each of the 6 teams that were originally mentioned as possibilities despite it sounding like the Jets are the only one really pursuing him at this time.

Exactly. IMHO the league sees his situation as different to AB's and they see it as an assault on the franchise tag/FA system. I wouldn't be surprised if owners have a wink and nod agreement not to blow up the market for him so as not to encourage future franchise-tagged players to sit out for a season. If Bell gets a long-term contract at 17-18M as he reportedly wants, then he got what he wanted out of the situation - I don't see that happening. But, as always, I could be way off base.