Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I cannot see this actually happening, and if it did it is a pure luxury move, but damn would it change the team. If we were to get Bell, fix the Oline and add a receiver or 2 in the draft? Damn!

I guess it would all start with Bell ha ? 

Leats go Buffalo!!!!!

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I’m sure this has been asked already, but is Bell old enough?

no,  but there are always exceptions

Just now, Juice_32 said:

I’m not getting my hopes up, but if we somehow added Bell and Williams at RT along with a top TE and WR in the draft....ok, maybe I am getting my hopes up. Dammit.

this is the time for it

10 minutes ago, krf139 said:

They were absolutely good players but it shows the following:

- 2 headed monster running back combinations don't necessarily work.  You need a feature guy and a change of pace guy

- Money shouldn't be invested in two highly paid running backs.  There are too many other needs on the team (as there were in each of those three scenarios) and when they go unaddressed, it doesn't matter who's at RB.  

The other thing to think about also is those players were never really on the field at the same time. Some times they were but as good as the RBs were they were not at the level of Shady or Le'Veon. Shady is a HOF RB and Le'Veon is on pace to the same thing.

This is't going to happen.  Sounds like a case of Bell's agent puffing up interest from other teams around the league so the Jets will up their offer.  Many are reporting the Jets are the favorite and there isn't a close second.  It's going to be the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

As intriguing as a Bell/Shady backfield would be... that leaves money for one more big FA signing and gives us 3 premium picks where we can safely assume we may draft starters.

We need a RT, WR, TE, DT and DE plus depth, but depth can be addressed in the mid-rounds of the Draft.  Another Guard would also be nice.

Keeping Shady means can sign one of those positions and then draft three starters in Rounds 1-3, leaving one spot unfilled by top end talent.  Unless we plan on trading back, I can't see how we justify keeping Shady over using his money to fill all those spots.

Edited by SCBills

Big *if* but *IF* they were able to sign him and D Williams... talk about flipping the script.

Last year, JA "protected" by a bottom 5 offensive line, offense had a dearth of playmakers.

This year, the line is potentially good, but at least above-average, and the offense would have added a Top 5 playmaker, in his prime... At that point, would the real Josh Allen please stand up? Also, that's fine calculated spending aggression, taking advantage of Allen's cheap years.

To temper the eventual letdown, I'll try to convince myself "not in a million years"

Edited by technobot