Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

3 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Peter_king: As @JosinaAnderson reports, several suitors for Bell. Re @Ravens, I’d be stunned if they were highest bidder.

bell will go to the highest bidder even if it is an “undesirable” destination

Hes all about money.  As far as Buffalo being undesirable - this guy has lived in groveport, oh, east lansing, mi and Pittsburgh. Please.

Oh and he loves Groveport! That says it all. No one loves groveport.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hes all about money.  As far as Buffalo being undesirable - this guy has lived in groveport, oh, east lansing, mi and Pittsburgh. Please.

Oh and he loves Groveport! That says it all. No one loves groveport.

I used quotations for a reason 

20 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'm wondering the same thing.  It would create a ton of options.  Imagine them in the lineup together...hmm.  It splits up the carries as well.

Then you have one very unhappy camper in Shady.  This works contrary to his plan to accumulate rushing yards in pursuit of the HOF.

1 minute ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Then you have one very unhappy camper in Shady.  This works contrary to his plan to accumulate rushing yards in pursuit of the HOF.

Possibly, but I'd wager winning would help sooth the situation over.  He's shown himself to be a team leader in the past few years.

With a shortage of WR's in FA, would having Bell, McCoy and Gore all on the team make up for that while we groom a rookie WR or 2 this season? Give the o-line a year to gel and draft another top WR next season?

I'm throwing "stuff" at the wall. I actually like the thought of Bell being in Buf and all three on the field at the same time with Foster and CFL.

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

How sick would a 3 headed monster of Bell, Shady in his last year and Gore to carry the backfield. More than likely if we sign bell then we are trading or cutting Shady but imagine what having Shady and Bell would do if they had multiple formations of being on the field at the same time

Remember that time when we were supposed to have a two headed monster in the backfield of Willis McGahee and Travis Henry?  And another time with Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson?  And another time with Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller.  All of these worked out great.

5 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Remember that time when we were supposed to have a two headed monster in the backfield of Willis McGahee and Travis Henry?  And another time with Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson?  And another time with Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller.  All of these worked out great.

They had nothing to do with why we were a bad team those years. They were all actually really good players

I doubt they sign bell but if they do I could see them seeing if philly is interested in swapping shady for agholor.  There were rumors that they were looking to offload him yesterday.  Then you cut ivory and draft a developmental guy to be our third stringer late or grab a udfa.

32 minutes ago, wppete said:

Im starting to think the Ravens. They let a lot of platters go and sign somewhere else. The released their RB a few weeks ago and they have money to sign him. 

IMO, reading the tea leaves, the six teams mentioned are those that submitted bonafide contract offers.  

Absent the cash, I think the strongest suitor of the six is Green Bay.  Play on grass , with a non running QB, with no "name" running back to supplant or beat out in camp.  

Bell is not an easy player to evaluate.  I'm very concerned about the reports he's significantly heavier now than he's suppossed to be.  (260lbs versus playing weight of 225)

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Might be reading into this too much, but this says Bell is interested in the Bills; not necessarily the other way around. Which again might be as simple as Bell and his agent recognizing that Buffalo has a lot of cap space so they want to project the idea that they're interested in Buffalo.