Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Whats Shady due this season- off the top of my head I think 6 mil? A nice cap savings that makes it easier to pay Bell- that said im not into paying huge cash for a RB. The smarter choice is to draft one.

They can do both....

Bell / Gore / rookie ~4th round pick would be a very nice depth chart.

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

No RB is worth what he's asking for and Pittsburgh didn't miss a beat with Conner 

Conner was super productive but not Bell productive. The Steelers are going to be the Browns of the AFC North for awhile- Ben has aged and they lost arguably 2 of the best playmakers in the biz.

26 minutes ago, dpberr said:

This doesn't make a lot of sense unless Roseman is legitimately getting the band back together in Philadelphia.  

I can't see McCoy being shipped anywhere but back to Philly and that's only happening if Philly and McCoy want that to happen.  

McCoy wont have a choice- he doesnt have a no trade clause.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

How sick would a 3 headed monster of Bell, Shady in his last year and Gore to carry the backfield. More than likely if we sign bell then we are trading or cutting Shady but imagine what having Shady and Bell would do if they had multiple formations of being on the field at the same time

Could put all three of them out there and then have Josh Allen run QB draws and naked bootlegs

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

How anyone could be against getting one of the best RBs in the league with the best receiving skills is beyond me?  We have the money.  We have the need for real play makers.  He is not a malcontent, he just wanted to protect his worth.  Nothing wrong with that.  I would be stoked to get him.  Especially if we can get 1 or 2 more starting lineman through FA/draft.

Don't think this will happen. I have seen Bell's linked to the Colts during the season which may not amount to much.

Not impressed by the Gore signing especially on the first day of FA

Beane still has to prove that can compete with other teams in making the big deal without over paying and creating new holes to fill.

Will admit I was never a fan of this, even in theory, but it's intriguing. Talk about giving your young quarterback a playmaker...

I doubt it will happen, but then again I never thought this FO would be interested in AB. It's really different this year hearing the Bills be "in" on so many big names.

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Akbar Gbaj. tweeted “can I tell people yet, make us proud” @ Bell

Maybe the packers?

Akbar never played for the Packers. You're thinking of Kabeer. Akbar is an LA guy; played with the Raiders for a couple years, originally from LA, and went to school in San Diego.

He had also hinted earlier that Bell will sign with the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

Don't think this will happen. I have seen Bell's linked to the Colts during the season which may not amount to much.

Not impressed by the Gore signing especially on the first day of FA

Beane still has to prove that can compete with other teams in making the big deal without over paying and creating new holes to fill.

There is absolutely no chance any GM of the Buffalo Bills can compete with other teams without overpaying. Until the culture turns and Buffalo is a perennial winning franchise, no one will want to come here without being overpaid. 

They have the money to do whatever they want, but they could even do some other moves and minimize the cap impact of a $15 million Bell signing:

1. Release or trade McCoy, saves $6.4 million

2. Release Ivory, saves $2.2 million

3. Release Ducasse, saves $2 million

4. With signing of Long and Morse can release Bodine, saves $2.3 million

That still leaves them with over $50 million in cap space.

Think about that for a minute...add Morse, Kroft, depth CB in Johnson, Gore, Long and L. Bell, really only lose McCoy and still have over $50 million in cap space. That's pretty good. Get another OL and a WR for $25M, have $25-30 million in cap space and 10 draft picks. That would be okay. 

Bell I would give a 3 year deal, like the thought of guaranteed $ in first 2 years when there is plenty of cap space and the QB and other young talent is on rookie deals. 3rd year is essentially a team option at that point. 

I was extremely against this before free agency, not only for the money side but the media sideshow that would follow him. Not his fault but it’s a 24/7 news story if sitting out ruined him, if he’s in shape etc etc. 

I never really liked the free agent receiver class, was hoping more would be cut or we could trade for one. Seeing where things are now I would be ok if they signed bell and front loaded the he** out of his contract. 

His receiving could be quite huge with an upgraded line and run game. Mix in foster and a rookie and now I’m actually hoping to sign cole Beasley for the slot. So I have changed my tune lol, go get him Beane!!

At this point buffalo could use the media coverage 24/7 as long as it’s not Zay with windows again 

Edited by Rc2catch

Le’Veon Bell signing in Buffalo would be amazing and adds a major weapon for Allen. 

Now that hat said that statement is all I am going to say reference Bell until it happens which the likelihood of happened is Slim to None and Slim is at the door. 

Josh Allen already makes the Bills very hard to defend against the run, Bell would magnify it even more putting two elite athletes in the Bills backfield.

The opposition is forced to think run 1st, unleashing Buffalo's biggest weapon, 

J A's cannon of an arm...