Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

Just now, TheBeane said:

I'm all for it!  I was just thinking exactly this earlier this morning.  Trade Shady for Aghlor and pick up Bell.  We need a significant weapon on Offense right now and Bell can catch and run.  Front load his contract and have a few escape clauses in the later years.

Beane wants to have a big splash and struck out on AB.  Could see this happening... or not.  Could also see him just getting into the bidding to drive up the price.

Take advantage of Allen's cheap deal.  The FA market wasn't great to begin with and is drying up fast.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I don't know how you could justify the salary that we would have in our backfield.  I mean, this isn't 1960

But you have all the caps space. That was the saying leading up to this off season.

Make it a 20MM cap hit this year and front load the hell out of the deal.

3 years in, you have an out, and can restructure if needed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I dont believe it. Where the original tweet? Not some guy saying she said.  I would be all for it.

He’s a Buckeye reporter in Columbus. Bell is from Columbus and played in the Big 10. He gets a lot of coverage here. I didn’t see it, but he’s saying she reported it on TV. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills need Daryl Williams A LOT more than they need Bell.

I agree but we have the cap space for both and some. Though not sure it makes any sense. Of course Gore didn't make sense to me either. So what do I know.

Just now, bilzfancy said:

No RB is worth what he's asking for and Pittsburgh didn't miss a beat with Conner 

Conner did well, but Bell touched the ball 400 times  in 2017 and was extremely productive in doing so. 

Conner looks like a very good RB, Bell is just better and will be an instant upgrade for most teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Given him is 15 million per year, structure it with 35 million guaranteed throughout the first two years. Easy out in year 3 if he isn’t performing. People forget we are paying McCoy 7 million this year. Bell is easily worth double what an old Shady is worth. 

So, I actually wouldn’t be horrified if something like this was done.  Especially if the Bills got Williams also and drafted some receiving playmakers. Then got rid of Shady. 

• Like (+1) 1