NY Attorney General opens probe into Trump's Bills bid

A couple of thoughts:

1) I don't know the level of coordination, but I'm guessing this is being done so as to ensure there are state-level charges in place when the boy leaves office.  As we all know (by now)  these charges are outside the scope of a Presidential pardon.  It makes me smile a little bit to think the Bills could be the reason Donald Trump finally gets his *%&# caught in a mousetrap.  Side note - I wouldn't be surprised if we see additional state-level charges from other venues like Virginia and Florida and the like.  All for the same purpose.

2) To echo a poster above, thank heavens Trump didn't buy the Bills.  It would have been all bunting, and flashbulbs, and confetti and hoopla out front...and in the back room, we'd have Allan Weisselberg mopping his brow as he tries to figure out how to make payroll and cover the note to Deutsche Bank this month.  Everything would have been leveraged to the hilt.  I read a number of the comments yesterday about the Raiders' cash flow situation - this would have made the Raiders look like Fort Knox.  Good luck trying to renew ANY contracts.  Thank heavens for Terry Pegula.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Please stay on topic people ....  

This topic belongs in the political isle, not the football.

If Trump can’t play RT, then I don’t give two shyts.

Not “on the field” related, so who cares.

14 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ve been opposed to politics for a long time. I generally try to avoid those conversations cause people are so passionate but for all the wrong reasons. 

Sadly unless there is some sort of serious revolt and restructure nothing will ever change. It’s a business just like anything else and in the end, money always wins. 

Bernie Sanders, no super pacs, been in and around politics decades.  The candidate was there but America is just blind in their loyalty to their party.  He stands up for every group in this country, maybe we will wake up and see what needs to be done and stop being so greedy.  Only way we have a chance to unify.  That being said, there are a lot of unintelligent people in this country due to our school system.  College is grossly expensive and has dug a massive financial hole for so many.  Greed wins again.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Such a fraud ... His cash offer was a loan from a bank!!!

That not fraudulent. It just means the deal isn’t contingent upon securing financing.  It means the buyer loses his deposit if the financing falls through.  Most buyers who make offers like this are pretty sure they can get the money together.

34 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Not when he lied about his net worth and is President now. Still don't know how that happened.  Can't get most jobs without experience, I guess President doesn't apply.  

How many Presidents can you name who held the office before? I can name only one.

52 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

What a completely worthless thing to look into. This is why “I LEAVE NY”

Yes, potential bank fraud is very worthless to investigate

46 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Right? I'd rather have my tax dollars spent on a wall. 

But , but , but walls don’t work you can just climb over , or , or or dig under !

10 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Leave the political crap out of it? Why exactly should we be discussing a loan on a Buffalo Bills forum. We should be discussing the Buffalo Bills or the NFL in general. A failed bid has absolutely nothing to do with football. Should we also be discussing Jon Bon Jovi’s business matters too?

Thread should be closed. 

Why do we discuss anything from the past then? 

Do we just forget about it? 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c87a1e931716b5445

Niet Niet Soviet da da America!!!!

33 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

That's the entire problem and it absolutely matters.  Politics need to change and stop being run by large corporations that are smashing small businesses and our climate into the ground.  

Politics need to change, no large corporations swaying votes and no inexperience bs presidents who are profiteering their own businesses while in office lol.  

Oh God here we go !!!! 

1 minute ago, snafu said:

That not fraudulent. It just means the deal isn’t contingent upon securing financing.  It means the buyer loses his deposit if the financing falls through.  Most buyers who make offers like this are pretty sure they can get the money together.

How many Presidents can you name who held the office before? I can name only one.

The President is still a very important figure in his demeanor.  If you have a guy that pushes hate and lies, what do you think the American people are going to do? Too many uneducated people in this country that are played like puppets.  

11 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Bernie Sanders, no super pacs, been in and around politics decades.  The candidate was there but America is just blind in their loyalty to their party.  He stands up for every group in this country, maybe we will wake up and see what needs to be done and stop being so greedy.  Only way we have a chance to unify.  That being said, there are a lot of unintelligent people in this country due to our school system.  College is grossly expensive and has dug a massive financial hole for so many.  Greed wins again.

Yes!  Nobody but a 180-year-old communist can fix America! :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

A couple of thoughts:

1) I don't know the level of coordination, but I'm guessing this is being done so as to ensure there are state-level charges in place when the boy leaves office.  As we all know (by now)  these charges are outside the scope of a Presidential pardon.  It makes me smile a little bit to think the Bills could be the reason Donald Trump finally gets his *%&# caught in a mousetrap.  Side note - I wouldn't be surprised if we see additional state-level charges from other venues like Virginia and Florida and the like.  All for the same purpose.

2) To echo a poster above, thank heavens Trump didn't buy the Bills.  It would have been all bunting, and flashbulbs, and confetti and hoopla out front...and in the back room, we'd have Allan Weisselberg mopping his brow as he tries to figure out how to make payroll and cover the note to Deutsche Bank this month.  Everything would have been leveraged to the hilt.  I read a number of the comments yesterday about the Raiders' cash flow situation - this would have made the Raiders look like Fort Knox.  Good luck trying to renew ANY contracts.  Thank heavens for Terry Pegula.

It would have been the end of the Bills in Buffalo.  Not even exaggerating.