NY Attorney General opens probe into Trump's Bills bid

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

1. the rules are set

2. one campaigns by the rules that are set

3.  boo fricking hoo that you lost by these rules

should have got off your rear end and campaigned in battleground states, sweetie.

yes, you said because people did things in the past that we should totally go the opposite way because it's the internet era.

Go and show where I said Trump isn't the president, or didn't win legitimately.  Go on, I'll wait.  In the meantime you might pass my post where I said the opposite.

Let me be clear.  I don't care who wins any given presidency, I oppose the electoral collage for reasons given.  And I opposed it before the 2016 election.

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, but whose choice is the "all or nothing" approach? Hint: we have 50 of them or 57 according to Obama.

well, that would be the forefathers who had the wisdom to implement the EC. they obviously saw a situation where the tyranny of the majority could rule the nation and that is what they railed against.

the system has served us well for over 200 years. it is not outdated as some might like to posit.

28 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Thanks.  Fighting bronchitis, so I was a bit more terse then I should have been.  I apologize for that.  I think what I hate seeing most is hypocracy, people condemning one person for doing the same thing in another the absolve.  That goes both ways.  Depending on political leanings people are quick to throw out "witch hunt", yet if it were someone else of opposing leanings, they'd be first in line with torch and pitchfork.  Many people here that say this whole thing is a waste of taxpayer dollars would be singing a different tune were it Hillary who tried to buy the team.  That's the point I was trying to make.

:beer: Feel better, first and foremost.

Before turning to your actual comment I wanted to give you a quick primer on PPP in the hopes that you stick around. Having new voices who are willing to honestly discuss topics and examine new information is always a positive, so don't let the hazing scare you away. Despite what it might feel like when you first venture down here into the dungeon, most posters aren't who they seem at first. There are some long running personality clashes down here that can look like trolling or just people piling on or picking on someone - most times those are the flare ups of longer disputes, don't let that get under your skin. Because there are a number of people (of all political persuasions) who do "drive by postings" down here, there's a bit of a trial by fire period for new posters just to see if they'll stick around or not. My suggestion is to lurk and read as much as you can before drawing conclusions about posters' political leanings. If you read the most recent pages of many threads down here for example, you would likely come away with a skewed perception of which posters are conservatives, libertarians, liberals, progressives, or Trump voters. 

I hear what you're saying. Whataboutism and tit-for-tat partisan games of "gotcha" do more harm than good to the discourse in the country (and the country's institutions). I don't like it myself - which is why while Benghazi and the first several rounds of Clinton email investigations I tuned out and had no interest. It seemed like political theater - nothing more. Then in 2016 I had a major change of heart and opinion based on real world work I was doing researching the US Intelligence Community and the privatization of intelligence firms/shops. What I learned, and how it tied directly into the Russian collusion/conspiracy narrative, altered my perception in a major way. 

My point in saying that is the best part of PPP is the different voices and experiences you will encounter. Despite being the dungeon, and having a short temper and being quick with an insult, you have a collection of people down here who work in a number of really interesting and relevant fields. They bring real world experience, logic, and perspective to news of the day/politics of the day, and you can really learn a lot down here if you have the patience and temperance to slog through the ugliness and the willingness to back up your own opinions and work with evidence/research/documentation that extends beyond "I feel" arguments. 

That's my PPP welcome. Hope you stick around :beer: 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

...yeah, you're definately not actually reading what I'm typing.

i'm sure he is. what he is responding to are the points that you are making that are straight out of a DNC playbook.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i'm sure he is. what he is responding to are the points that you are making that are straight out of a DNC playbook.

If you're going to assume I am a diehard dem supporter, and my dislike of the electoral college is party-driven despite my saying otherwise, I see no reason to waste my breath.  Youve already drawn conclusions and my words are falling on deaf ears.  If nothing else I have to thank you both for being such perfect examples of party-centric partisan, if they ain't for us, they're 'gainst us mindset I mentioned earlier.  Yes, by all means keep believing everyone that opposes the electoral collage must be a pesky Trump-hating democrat.  I'll be over here, not jumping to assumptions.

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: Feel better, first and foremost.

Before turning to your actual comment I wanted to give you a quick primer on PPP in the hopes that you stick around. Having new voices who are willing to honestly discuss topics and examine new information is always a positive, so don't let the hazing scare you away. Despite what it might feel like when you first venture down here into the dungeon, most posters aren't who they seem at first. There are some long running personality clashes down here that can look like trolling or just people piling on or picking on someone - most times those are the flare ups of longer disputes, don't let that get under your skin. Because there are a number of people (of all political persuasions) who do "drive by postings" down here, there's a bit of a trial by fire period for new posters just to see if they'll stick around or not. My suggestion is to lurk and read as much as you can before drawing conclusions about posters' political leanings. If you read the most recent pages of many threads down here for example, you would likely come away with a skewed perception of which posters are conservatives, libertarians, liberals, progressives, or Trump voters. 

I hear what you're saying. Whataboutism and tit-for-tat partisan games of "gotcha" do more harm than good to the discourse in the country (and the country's institutions). I don't like it myself - which is why while Benghazi and the first several rounds of Clinton email investigations I tuned out and had no interest. It seemed like political theater - nothing more. Then in 2016 I had a major change of heart and opinion based on real world work I was doing researching the US Intelligence Community and the privatization of intelligence firms/shops. What I learned, and how it tied directly into the Russian collusion/conspiracy narrative, altered my perception in a major way. 

My point in saying that is the best part of PPP is the different voices and experiences you will encounter. Despite being the dungeon, and having a short temper and being quick with an insult, you have a collection of people down here who work in a number of really interesting and relevant fields. They bring real world experience, logic, and perspective to news of the day/politics of the day, and you can really learn a lot down here if you have the patience and temperance to slog through the ugliness and the willingness to back up your own opinions and work with evidence/research/documentation that extends beyond "I feel" arguments. 

That's my PPP welcome. Hope you stick around :beer: 

Thanks.  I have a thick skin, and love open debate.  I'm not arrogant enough to think my political beliefs unshakable.  At the same time, I have little patience for fanatisism, and will disengage from a discussion if I feel I'm hitting it head on.  If someone doesn't actually take the time to read/listen, why bother continuing to craft well-thought out replies?

58 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

There aren’t where I live. 

I'm not sure where you live, buuuuttttt... there are tolls everywhere - even if just for bridges (if not the roads). 

Yeah, it is wiki (sorry about that), so take all the info with a grain of salt:

Toll Roads, United States (35 states)

Toll Bridges - this list is absolutely not complete. I just paid a few more bridge tolls in Florida a few weeks ago that are not on the Florida list (41 states)

Tunnel Tolls

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If you're going to assume I am a diehard dem supporter, and my dislike of the electoral college is party-driven despite my saying otherwise, I see no reason to waste my breath.  Youve already drawn conclusions and my words are falling on deaf ears.  If nothing else I have to thank you both for being such perfect examples of party-centric partisan, if they ain't for us, they're 'gainst us mindset I mentioned earlier.  Yes, by all means keep believing everyone that opposes the electoral collage must be a pesky Trump-hating democrat.  I'll be over here, not jumping to assumptions.

who's not reading posts now? did i ever say you were of a certain political persuasion? i said what you were saying was what are Dem talking points.

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Pay attention to Deranged Rhino's post just above. I think all of his advice is good but pay special attention to the lurk for awhile and get to know the board suggestion. We have very few misunderstandings here between the regular established posters because we know each other and how they think. BTW, welcome.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure where you live, buuuuttttt... there are tolls everywhere - even if just for bridges (if not the roads). 

Toll Bridges - this list is absolutely not complete. I just paid a few more bridge tolls in Florida a few weeks ago that are not on the Florida list (41 states)

Tunnel Tolls

I think he lives in Georgia, outside Atlanta.

5 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

A couple of thoughts:

1) I don't know the level of coordination, but I'm guessing this is being done so as to ensure there are state-level charges in place when the boy leaves office.  As we all know (by now)  these charges are outside the scope of a Presidential pardon.  It makes me smile a little bit to think the Bills could be the reason Donald Trump finally gets his *%&# caught in a mousetrap.  Side note - I wouldn't be surprised if we see additional state-level charges from other venues like Virginia and Florida and the like.  All for the same purpose.

2) To echo a poster above, thank heavens Trump didn't buy the Bills.  It would have been all bunting, and flashbulbs, and confetti and hoopla out front...and in the back room, we'd have Allan Weisselberg mopping his brow as he tries to figure out how to make payroll and cover the note to Deutsche Bank this month.  Everything would have been leveraged to the hilt.  I read a number of the comments yesterday about the Raiders' cash flow situation - this would have made the Raiders look like Fort Knox.  Good luck trying to renew ANY contracts.  Thank heavens for Terry Pegula.

your community score saved me from having to type much....

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Tunnel Tolls

Also, anybody who snubs Wikipedia sources is an asshat. 

Edited by The_Dude

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Here's the Georgia tolls list (again, apologies for wiki) 

The list is wrong. The first one, I drive it daily. It’s not a toll. But there is a “peach pass” which is optional. Essentially one lane on 85 is peach pass. You’re allowed to speed and when traffic is bad it moves quicker. 

Alright, too many posts to properly quote off my phone.

@Foxx, guilty, and I apologize for it.  @3rdnlng, point taken thank you, I'll keep an eye on things and see how things (and people) work here.  There are several intriguing topics here as-is.  As for this one, I fear we veered off-topic, and in regards to the original post I think I stated my case as best I can, so I'll likely bow out here.  But just here, not PPP.  Like a gas bubble after a spicy meal, I will rise again.  But for now, I think it's cough medicine and bed.  TTFN!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

The list is wrong. The first one, I drive it daily. It’s not a toll. But there is a “peach pass” which is optional. Essentially one lane on 85 is peach pass. You’re allowed to speed and when traffic is bad it moves quicker. 

The HOV toll roads (high-occupancy toll lane only) are becoming more and more prevalent down south. It is a toll road... a fee is paid in order to drive on a road. You choose to use an alternate road (even if it is on the same route) so as to bypass the toll road. 

The fines are usually egregious if you do not pay with some sort of ez-pass to drive on that particular road lane (peach, sun, epass, ipass,  ez tag... whatever the state issues and/or uses in conjunction with other states). I have yet to see one that is a plate toll in an HOV lane, hence the big fines for non-payment. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The HOV toll roads (high-occupancy toll lane only) are becoming more and more prevalent down south. It is a toll road... a fee is paid in order to drive on a road. You choose to use an alternate road (even if it is on the same route) so as to bypass the toll road. 

The fines are usually egregious if you do not pay with some sort of ez-pass to drive on that particular road lane (peach, sun, epass, ipass,  ez tag... whatever the state issues and/or uses in conjunction with other states). I have yet to see one that is a plate toll in an HOV lane, hence the big fines for non-payment. 

I think they’re great because you have a choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

That blew your mind ha?  Someone who thinks for themselves.  

Melting down?  You trumpers are like kids. No wonder you hate science. 

hate science? whatttttt??

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Basically, you think democracy is too important to be left to the people.

When you start to consider people like AOC, Tlaib and Omar were elected, he may have a point.

I mean, it's not a heavy point. Certainly not heavy enough to tip over Guam, but still...

13 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

That blew your mind ha?  Someone who thinks for themselves.  

Melting down?  You trumpers are like kids. No wonder you hate science. 

Which science do they hate? The science that suggests humans are causing global warming cooling climate change, or the science that suggests a fetus can feel pain at 20 weeks?

• Haha (+1) 1