CJ Mosley to the Jets (5 yr, $85M, $51M gtd)

eball

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

Their cornerbacks are terrible. They lost Clairborne who was their best last year. There is always a hole in a defense. Though I agree it will be a much better Jets team as a whole next season. 

They also lost their NCB in Skrine 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The money they put into their LB's has to be a record.  Why not just draft two and pick up a nice street free agent like we did in Milano, Edmunds, and Alexander?

The  GM is trying to make up for his own poor drafting. He has to win or he will be fired and if the cap is blown up, it won’t he his problem. Rinse and repeat. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

Silly money. He's good but he's getting considerably more than Kuechly. Let them spend it all on the defense.

Keuchly was signed when the salary cap was much lower.  With the cap hike, there will be larger contracts moving forward.  How come fans can't comprehend this? Keuchly would be signed for way more than this right now if he was a free agent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I am not worried about the Jets given that Gase is their HC.

This was my first thought as well. I mean, they certainly are gathering talent, but I'm not sold on bug eyed boy to lead them. Regardless, they've set themselves up to compete.

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

3 seasons? 

Lmao, who cares? They are trying to capitalize on Darnolds rookie deal window. They are trying to win now.

This whole rookie deal window is the most ridiculous thing ever. It typically takes QB's a couple-a few years to even start mastering all the little nuances and become a great QB. Maybe that's why so many 1st rd QB's fail miserably? They are asked to do too much too quick. Everyone needs to look at the SB winning QB's and see who wins.  I'm gonna guess 90% of those were not on their rookie deal.

Overblown and misguided thought process

25 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Keuchly was signed when the salary cap was much lower.  With the cap hike, there will be larger contracts moving forward.  How come fans can't comprehend this? Keuchly would be signed for way more than this right now if he was a free agent.

I can comprehend this just fine, thank you very much. The fact remains that they paid a limited LB $5 mil per year more than the best all around LB in the game. Just because the cap goes up doesn't make it smart.