Any other solid RT's out there if we get disappointed by Daryl Williams signing elsewhere?

njbuff

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Now with James off the market, who else is out there?

Jeremey Purnell is older but an ok option. Cameron Fleming has youth on his side and worked with Daboll in New England. LaAdrian Waddle is a depth guy that did start in Detroit when our olineman coach was an assistant there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

If we're talking starters, then you're basically down to Williams, Parnell, and maybe Nsehke or Veldheer as placeholders.

You could also wait for a guy like Donald Penn to be released, or try to swing a trade with Philly for Vaitai.

I wouldn't want Donald Penn... Simply because he and others close to him, or maybe it was like Geoff Schwartz and other former OL on Twitter, saying flat out his injury last year was due to the Raiders flipping him to RT. Basically his body was so used to going through the stresses placed on it dropping back in one way from playing LT for so long that trying to flip and mirror all of it at RT led to overcompensating and injury. I'll go ahead and skip that mess. Find a guard in free agency and get a RT in the draft (Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor, Andre Dillard)

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

No way he starts.. We draft a RT and get someone to compete for the position. Miller/Mills = Backups

I think there is a chance Mills re-signs and starts week 1. But agree they will draft someone and by the end of the season that person will be starting. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Pretty thin out there now other than Williams.  I’d they don’t sign him it will probably be the draft or a one year stop gap guy.  

It’s a good day to be Mr. Williams! That old supply and demand stuff works every time! 

With James getting 13 Million per year, do you guys think Williams will now want at least that?  Being the best tackle left, I'd guess he does.  Think he's worth it with his injury history?  Im undecided, I would love to have him here, but wondering if taking someone like Jawan Taylor at 9 would be better on a much cheaper deal (even though would be unproven)