At this point DeVante Parker makes sense to me.

There’s no denying that Buffalo still has a big need in the WR department and either makes a move in FA, trade for one or use an early draft pick to address it.

In FA there is 4 potential candidates imo, Golden Tate, Tyrell Williams, John Brown and Geronimo Allison. Take your pick but personally I don’t believe that our answer lies within any of them. There is a few other names out there that are even more remote, aka Kevin White, Chris Conley, Corradelle Patterson, Mike Wallace, Randall Cobb etc etc.

Trading for one comes the obvious candidates  in Antonio Brown ( we all know what happened there), ODJ, Julio Jones and AJ Green. This leads me to think that not only DeVante Parker is way under the radar but if the Bills were to be interested in Parker than it would be better to trade for him (a 5th rder?) rather than wait for him to get cut by the Dolphins and then have to compete with other teams to sign him.

Then comes the option of drafting one. I don’t believe that there is a WR worthy of taking one with the #9 pick overall and I hope that the Bills feel the same way. If this assessment is at all accurate then this would lead one to believe that one would be obtained (A) by a trade down in the 1st rd. I’d much rather reinforce our DL at #9 and find another way to obtain one. (B) taking one with our 2nd rder or (C) coupling up our 2nd rder with another pick to move up. I’m not an advocate of this theory simply because the earlier picks are just too valuable imo.

I honestly believe trading for Parker would be the most cost efficient way of filling this position of need. If anybody disagrees about Parker or how the Bills should resolve this position then I would love to hear then who it should be, how it should get done and why. Thanks in advance.

Go Bills!

As a rule, I don’t love trading with division rivals. Either they charge a premium, which I don’t want to pay, or they don’t and that’s a worrisome issue. Plus, I don’t want to do anything that could make them look good and us bad.

if they cut him I’d love to bring him in.

There was 1 other point that I wanted to make about this thought process. In lieu of the couple of big contracts that just happened or that are about to in FA for the OL position, I believe that it would be better for the Bills to draft at least 1 of them. Groom our own and have a reasonable contract for at least the next 4 years. If the Bills were able to add to the DL in FA or in a trade, it was rumored a few days ago that the Bills were going to make a “creative way” of securing a DL in a trade, whatever that is suppose to mean, then they would probably have to use their 1st rd pick on a prospect that they feel could be an anchor for the next several years.  I don’t know if I really like this idea but if it were to be the case then I hope they take Florida OL Jawaan Taylor. Personally I’d much rather have us take any one of these 3 DL, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary or Montez Sweat, with our #9 pick and draft a OL prospect like Erik McCoy or Dalton Risner in the 2nd rd.

33 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

John Brown declined to sign with us last year.

We need to draft a WR

Nathan Peterman was the starter at the time, can you blame him? The Bills will draft a wr regardless.

Edited by Turk71

I understand as much as all of you do our WR Corp has been mediocre at best even in it's bright moments. We have one player I'm personally excited in Robert Foster. But this free agent class does not impress me what so ever nor does the trade market. I will stand by the draft on this matter, I'm not into signing a 3rd WR from another squad 7-12 million a year it does not make sense draft draft draft!!!! IDC if you draft three as long as there is more effort to improve the WR room the smart way. Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

This is probably the worst group of free agent receivers I've ever seen.

None of the guys on the market are going to make a significant impact.  Yet all of them are signing absolutely insane contracts.

Devin Funchess?  Jamison Crowder?  Adam Humphries?

I realize that free agency always has guys getting vastly overpaid.  But we are talking about #3 guys and slot receivers making Top 20 money.  Every single GM is going to regret making these moves in about 6-7 months.

Unless we go the trade route or someone gets cut (like you suggested), I'm already looking towards the draft at the WR position.

20 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

This is probably the worst group of free agent receivers I've ever seen.

None of the guys on the market are going to make a significant impact.  Yet all of them are signing absolutely insane contracts.

Devin Funchess?  Jamison Crowder?  Adam Humphries?

I realize that free agency always has guys getting vastly overpaid.  But we are talking about #3 guys and slot receivers making Top 20 money.  Every single GM is going to regret making these moves in about 6-7 months.

Unless we go the trade route or someone gets cut (like you suggested), I'm already looking towards the draft at the WR position.

Good ones have been signing extensions.  Or they're still on rookie contracts - JuJu, Hill and Thomas.

Basically if you draft a top dog receiver - you do everything you can to keep him.  

He's got real potential, and has been either under-utilzed or hurt his whole time in Miami. I wouldn't give up a pick for the right to pay him 9.6M, but if he's cut, hell yes.

• Like (+1) 1